Residency Certificate

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Residency Certificate

Post by lostjeremy »

Im in the process of getting an updated one since purchasing a new home in a new area (in the wifes name)

They are asking for my elderly parents names and date of births.
I really have no problem giving this information but never have for my previous residency certs. So just curious if this is a new requirement or if the police just ignored this info before.

Sent from my CPH1605 using Tapatalk

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Residency Certificate

Post by StroppyChops »

I've been asked to provide it on my last two certificates.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

My cops had to have me provide them with a copy of the form. I don't believe they knew it existed prior to that. I guess they prolly don't know my parents exist(ed)?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Barang chgout wrote:My cops had to have me provide them with a copy of the form. I don't believe they knew it existed prior to that. I guess they prolly don't know my parents exist(ed)?

I expected the same since Im the first foreigner in my area but the cops knew about the form but asked me why i even wanted one because it serves no purpose to them. I told them i need it to update my driver license and they just said ok with a puzzled look.

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

lostjeremy wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:20 pm
Barang chgout wrote:My cops had to have me provide them with a copy of the form. I don't believe they knew it existed prior to that. I guess they prolly don't know my parents exist(ed)?

I expected the same since Im the first foreigner in my area but the cops knew about the form but asked me why i even wanted one because it serves no purpose to them. I told them i need it to update my driver license and they just said ok with a puzzled look.

How much tea money did they slug you for?
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Not bad actually.
Got my residency cert and the new family book all for $30

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yea, I've always been asked to provide my parents names, nothing to worry about.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

lostjeremy wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:25 pm Not bad actually.
Got my residency cert and the new family book all for $30

That's pretty good.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Yea, I've always been asked to provide my parents names, nothing to worry about.
The one I liked is on the marriage application. Wanted written permission to marry from the parents. Missus dutifully had a letter from her father, signed and fingerprinted. Me? Just an embassy letter with a seal. No parents involved.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Tangent - anyone who's been to India will tell you giving your genealogy is a requirement, and you can be denied entry if any of your grandparents were considered undesirable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic