Residency Certificate

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Residency Certificate

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:34 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote:Yea, I've always been asked to provide my parents names, nothing to worry about.
The one I liked is on the marriage application. Wanted written permission to marry from the parents. Missus dutifully had a letter from her father, signed and fingerprinted. Me? Just an embassy letter with a seal. No parents involved.
Wait...so you did finally marry Birdy? Where was our invite?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Invite is coming. Still debating having it at the house or in a restaurant. Also the month is still in discussion. Rainy season to keep down the number of guests or wedding season and having to compete for places. Also number of tables. Bride price keeps cycling depending on all the above.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Yea, I've always been asked to provide my parents names, nothing to worry about.
It is interesting how requirements vary from area to area.
I’ve got loads of residency certificates done over the years.
The last 4 or 5 times I’ve gone myself to do it. All I needed was 2 passport photos and my house rental contract.
Done within a couple of hours, and the sangkat admin has offered to drop it round to my house for me. Never have been asked for money but I generally give them 10,000 Riel for each certificate if I have it on me.

A small gift (eg case of soft drinks) every once in a while is appreciated. My home and my workplace and most of my staff are in the same area so i have people going there fairly frequently.
elguapo
Tourist
Canada

Post by elguapo »

I got a residency certificate here in Siem Reap, Sala Kamreuk Commune, a few weeks ago so that I could open a bank account. They didn't even ask me to fill anything out and didn't charge me anything. I gave them my immigration registration and 1 passport photo and about 15 minutes later they handed me the residency certificate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic