Ego Hair Salon says "fuck off" to "grandads" with young Khmer girls

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Ego Hair Salon says "fuck off" to "grandads" with young Khmer girls

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 am
Brody wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:39 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm it's not unusual for a wealthy khmer to have a similar 19 yr age gap with a younger girl
Yeah, Ego Salon's indignation is kind of laughable when you consider what goes on in some Khmer barber shops.

I've been going to this nondescript, upscale Khmer barber shop for years now. There is never a time when I visit that the small parking area is not choked with six figure valued luxury cars and the ubiquitous stone-faced, grey clad, tropical leisure suit wearing drivers milling about.

There are only about 4 barbers. The rest of the staff consist of no less than 12 outrageously gorgeous Khmer women decked out in impossibly short, jet black, skin tight skirts.

The customers are always, what look like, older, greying/dyed, well to do Khmer gents, each being attended to by a bevy of staff. Nails being trimmed, feet massaged, shoulders rubbed, tea quaffed.

There's always a lot of hushed, giggly, flirtatious talk.

I always joke with my regular barber because, without fail, each month I come in for my haircut, at least 1/4 of the staff are new.

He jokes with me that some of the 'fish' have been 'caught' and are not working anymore.

Some of these Khmer barbershops double as pickup joints where older bong thoms can score a tight little song-sa as a side piece.

It's like Angry Birds but with haircuts instead of beer. My barber tells me that these guys take their time too. Wooing their favorite girl over the course of months before pulling the trigger and sealing the deal at one of those secretive, drive-in fuck hotels out in Sen Sok.

Anyway, kind of hypocritical seeing as there are plenty of rich Khmer grandpas doing their fair share of pillaging amongst the young Khmer female populace.
I had a barber open a shop on a quiet street across the road from my old apartment. Two previous businesses had failed there within the previous 18 months, so I didn't hold out much hope for him as a sole operator, but I decided to support him because he was nearby and a friendly guy.

He had a sign on the door "Haircuts $1.00". I assumed he must be paying at least $500? to rent the shop. 500+ haircuts a month to break even? That's nearly 17 customers per day, and on a quiet street too? Maybe the rent was less. After a week or so he put his fee up to $1.50. Even at about 11 haircuts per day @ 20 minutes per haircut, would he even have the time to do that?

When I went for a haircut, there was some old Bong getting attended to. I noticed that there were a couple of very attractive women chatting to each other in the corner. When Bong was finished, he went into the back room with both of them. Lucky bastard, I thought. I've never worked out how to initiate that.

When the barber had finished, he smiled at me knowingly and said "Would you like you hair washed now"?". After all these years, I must have been asked that question 100s of times and always thought why would they want to wash my hair after it has been cut. Now I know how his business thrives in a quiet street. Oh well, you learn something new every day as long as you start out stupid enough.
ive been going to the wrong barbers... time for a change i think
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

TBH KOW has an influx of old boys as of late.

Nothing wrong with that .
mudmax
Tourist
Belarus

Post by mudmax »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 am
Brody wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:39 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm it's not unusual for a wealthy khmer to have a similar 19 yr age gap with a younger girl
Yeah, Ego Salon's indignation is kind of laughable when you consider what goes on in some Khmer barber shops.

I've been going to this nondescript, upscale Khmer barber shop for years now. There is never a time when I visit that the small parking area is not choked with six figure valued luxury cars and the ubiquitous stone-faced, grey clad, tropical leisure suit wearing drivers milling about.

There are only about 4 barbers. The rest of the staff consist of no less than 12 outrageously gorgeous Khmer women decked out in impossibly short, jet black, skin tight skirts.

The customers are always, what look like, older, greying/dyed, well to do Khmer gents, each being attended to by a bevy of staff. Nails being trimmed, feet massaged, shoulders rubbed, tea quaffed.

There's always a lot of hushed, giggly, flirtatious talk.

I always joke with my regular barber because, without fail, each month I come in for my haircut, at least 1/4 of the staff are new.

He jokes with me that some of the 'fish' have been 'caught' and are not working anymore.

Some of these Khmer barbershops double as pickup joints where older bong thoms can score a tight little song-sa as a side piece.

It's like Angry Birds but with haircuts instead of beer. My barber tells me that these guys take their time too. Wooing their favorite girl over the course of months before pulling the trigger and sealing the deal at one of those secretive, drive-in fuck hotels out in Sen Sok.

Anyway, kind of hypocritical seeing as there are plenty of rich Khmer grandpas doing their fair share of pillaging amongst the young Khmer female populace.
I had a barber open a shop on a quiet street across the road from my old apartment. Two previous businesses had failed there within the previous 18 months, so I didn't hold out much hope for him as a sole operator, but I decided to support him because he was nearby and a friendly guy.

He had a sign on the door "Haircuts $1.00". I assumed he must be paying at least $500? to rent the shop. 500+ haircuts a month to break even? That's nearly 17 customers per day, and on a quiet street too? Maybe the rent was less. After a week or so he put his fee up to $1.50. Even at about 11 haircuts per day @ 20 minutes per haircut, would he even have the time to do that?

When I went for a haircut, there was some old Bong getting attended to. I noticed that there were a couple of very attractive women chatting to each other in the corner. When Bong was finished, he went into the back room with both of them. Lucky bastard, I thought. I've never worked out how to initiate that.

When the barber had finished, he smiled at me knowingly and said "Would you like you hair washed now"?". After all these years, I must have been asked that question 100s of times and always thought why would they want to wash my hair after it has been cut. Now I know how his business thrives in a quiet street. Oh well, you learn something new every day as long as you start out stupid enough.
Would anyone mind telling me what happens when they take you to the back and wash your hair? I'm going to be in PP again soon and will probably be looking for a haircut + shampoo at one of these fine establishments
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic