Ego Hair Salon says "fuck off" to "grandads" with young Khmer girls

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Ego Hair Salon says "fuck off" to "grandads" with young Khmer girls

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm it's not unusual for a wealthy khmer to have a similar 19 yr age gap with a younger girl
Yeah, Ego Salon's indignation is kind of laughable when you consider what goes on in some Khmer barber shops.

I've been going to this nondescript, upscale Khmer barber shop for years now. There is never a time when I visit that the small parking area is not choked with six figure valued luxury cars and the ubiquitous stone-faced, grey clad, tropical leisure suit wearing drivers milling about.

There are only about 4 barbers. The rest of the staff consist of no less than 12 outrageously gorgeous Khmer women decked out in impossibly short, jet black, skin tight skirts.

The customers are always, what look like, older, greying/dyed, well to do Khmer gents, each being attended to by a bevy of staff. Nails being trimmed, feet massaged, shoulders rubbed, tea quaffed.

There's always a lot of hushed, giggly, flirtatious talk.

I always joke with my regular barber because, without fail, each month I come in for my haircut, at least 1/4 of the staff are new.

He jokes with me that some of the 'fish' have been 'caught' and are not working anymore.

Some of these Khmer barbershops double as pickup joints where older bong thoms can score a tight little song-sa as a side piece.

It's like Angry Birds but with haircuts instead of beer. My barber tells me that these guys take their time too. Wooing their favorite girl over the course of months before pulling the trigger and sealing the deal at one of those secretive, drive-in fuck hotels out in Sen Sok.

Anyway, kind of hypocritical seeing as there are plenty of rich Khmer grandpas doing their fair share of pillaging amongst the young Khmer female populace.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

It's a free ad. And the the only thing that matters is if they got more walkins from that post... why get worked up over that?

Beats the Nigerian Prince pitch.

As a copywriter, it's worth a shot imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Brody wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:39 pm There are only about 4 barbers. The rest of the staff consist of no less than 12 outrageously gorgeous Khmer women decked out in impossibly short, jet black, skin tight skirts.
PM me this barber shop please :D
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

clutchcargo wrote:
The_Notorious_N.E.D. wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:26 pm it gives an analysis of the situation from the perspective of the "grandpas" (does 41 qualify?) whom they show such disdain for,
Of course we don't know what Ego Hair Salon defines as 'grandpa' but I think in all likelihood it ain't 41..coz it's not unusual for a wealthy khmer to have a similar 19 yr age gap with a younger GF/wife as you. I suspect they are thinking more along the lines of the guy being over 60 and a much wider age gap.

Sorry to say, but sorta renders a lot of what you say in your very lengthy post a moot point if you are indeed not classified as a 'grandpa'.
Not so sure about the age thing. 40s is already considered super old by the Khmer. Like one foot in the coffin old. Older than that is the dead still walking.

Among Khmers that have such an age difference between them, the girl is seen by others as a second wife (or a third). It would be hard to wrap their heads around the idea real love can exist between the two.

Oh, and the wedding application requires a letter from the parents allowing the girl to marry. I think the guy, too. But if you’re a foreigner, I think the embassy letter covers it.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

PhnomRon wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:23 pm But If you're enjoying life with someone of the same or similar age, you and your partner are welcome to get your hair done there.

One problem with this kind of crap is that it is used to hide racism inside ageism. This bimbo simply does not like whites. If it were a wealthy older khmer with his young song-sa she would be delighted to serve him.

It frankly is nobody's business how old two partners in a couple are as long as no laws are being violated.

You CAN sometimes see differences that just look too wide . As to the question "How young is too young?" I always found the tried restriction of (age of male -- divide by two then add 7 years) to work well... I forget the actual name of this so called social rule. So a 70 year old could go as young as 42 before it gets unnatural. 70 year olds running around holding hands with 18 year olds does look pretty perverse, but this is not as common as the mixed race relationship stereotype suggests. There is nothing at all wrong or unnatural with for example a 55 year -to 35 year age relationship.

This lady and her business can piss off with her discrimination, racism, and ageism.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

Brody wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:39 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm it's not unusual for a wealthy khmer to have a similar 19 yr age gap with a younger girl
Yeah, Ego Salon's indignation is kind of laughable when you consider what goes on in some Khmer barber shops.

I've been going to this nondescript, upscale Khmer barber shop for years now. There is never a time when I visit that the small parking area is not choked with six figure valued luxury cars and the ubiquitous stone-faced, grey clad, tropical leisure suit wearing drivers milling about.

There are only about 4 barbers. The rest of the staff consist of no less than 12 outrageously gorgeous Khmer women decked out in impossibly short, jet black, skin tight skirts.

The customers are always, what look like, older, greying/dyed, well to do Khmer gents, each being attended to by a bevy of staff. Nails being trimmed, feet massaged, shoulders rubbed, tea quaffed.

I always joke with my regular barber because, without fail, each month I come in for my haircut, at least 1/4 of the staff are new.

He jokes with me that some of the 'fish' have been 'caught' and are not working anymore.

Some of these Khmer barbershops double as pickup joints where older bong thoms can score a tight little song-sa as a side piece.

It's like Angry Birds but with haircuts instead of beer. My barber tells me that these guys take their time too. Wooing their favorite girl over the course of months before pulling the trigger and sealing the deal at one of those secretive, drive-in fuck hotels out in Sen Sok.

Anyway, kind of hypocritical seeing as there are plenty of rich Khmer grandpas doing their fair share of pillaging amongst the young Khmer female populace.
I had a barber open a shop on a quiet street across the road from my old apartment. Two previous businesses had failed there within the previous 18 months, so I didn't hold out much hope for him as a sole operator, but I decided to support him because he was nearby and a friendly guy.

He had a sign on the door "Haircuts $1.00". I assumed he must be paying at least $500? to rent the shop. 500+ haircuts a month to break even? That's nearly 17 customers per day, and on a quiet street too? Maybe the rent was less. After a week or so he put his fee up to $1.50. Even at about 11 haircuts per day @ 20 minutes per haircut, would he even have the time to do that?

When I went for a haircut, there was some old Bong getting attended to. I noticed that there were a couple of very attractive women chatting to each other in the corner. When Bong was finished, he went into the back room with both of them. Lucky bastard, I thought. I've never worked out how to initiate that.

When the barber had finished, he smiled at me knowingly and said "Would you like you hair washed now"?". After all these years, I must have been asked that question 100s of times and always thought why would they want to wash my hair after it has been cut. Now I know how his business thrives in a quiet street. Oh well, you learn something new every day as long as you start out stupid enough.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

So, did you get your hair washed? Was it a thorough job?
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Brody wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:39 pm

helping the poor, 1 girl at a time :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 am
I had a barber open a shop on a quiet street across the road from my old apartment. Two previous businesses had failed there within the previous 18 months, so I didn't hold out much hope for him as a sole operator, but I decided to support him because he was nearby and a friendly guy.

He had a sign on the door "Haircuts $1.00". I assumed he must be paying at least $500? to rent the shop. 500+ haircuts a month to break even? That's nearly 17 customers per day, and on a quiet street too? Maybe the rent was less. After a week or so he put his fee up to $1.50. Even at about 11 haircuts per day @ 20 minutes per haircut, would he even have the time to do that?

When I went for a haircut, there was some old Bong getting attended to. I noticed that there were a couple of very attractive women chatting to each other in the corner. When Bong was finished, he went into the back room with both of them. Lucky bastard, I thought. I've never worked out how to initiate that.

When the barber had finished, he smiled at me knowingly and said "Would you like you hair washed now"?". After all these years, I must have been asked that question 100s of times and always thought why would they want to wash my hair after it has been cut. Now I know how his business thrives in a quiet street. Oh well, you learn something new every day as long as you start out stupid enough.
in vietnam there r "hair wash" speciality salons, i guess they must hv adopted that idea here now :beer3: , now im just waiting for taiwanese style massage, spa, sauna, steam, space hotel all in one to be adopted here :beer1:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Gilmore
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Gilmore »

I remember a report of an 86 year old Okhna who was involved in a traffic accident, while driving in Sihanoukville. It stated that his 27 year old wife was a passenger in the vehicle. An official marriage to a much younger woman is relatively uncommon, but it is quite normal to have a much younger mistress (2nd., 3rd., 4th. wife etc.). Many legal wives accept the arrangement, though killings and acid attacks do occur.
Brody's informant is correct about the extended courtship ritual. It is standard practice among locals, as opposed to tourists, throughout S.E.Asia. They rarely take a girl out of a bar after meeting her for the first time. The courtship process can take weeks or even months and, when the relationship is eventually consummated, the woman usually becomes a permanent mistress.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic