America does it again....

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
GTC7
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: America does it again....

Post by GTC7 »

bvanfossen wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:46 am
GTC7 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:01 pm .

I know that's obviously unlikely, and being from the ghetto I know that most gun violence comes from a very few concentrated areas (think Detroit, Miami, Chicago, L.A., etc), but it does scare off a lot of people when they see shooting after shooting after gun incident after gun incident.
Watching the news, it appears to me, most of the mass shootings are in white suburbia.
Mass shootings that are reported internationally don't even come close to portraying the gun violence at home. Have a look at this snippet from the Chicago Sun Times for example, almost 20 shootings this past Sunday alone, and that's the reported ones.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/section/crime/
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Unbelievable!!
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Farrrk it's total anarchy!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

GTC7 wrote:
bvanfossen wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:46 am
GTC7 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:01 pm .

I know that's obviously unlikely, and being from the ghetto I know that most gun violence comes from a very few concentrated areas (think Detroit, Miami, Chicago, L.A., etc), but it does scare off a lot of people when they see shooting after shooting after gun incident after gun incident.
Watching the news, it appears to me, most of the mass shootings are in white suburbia.
Mass shootings that are reported internationally don't even come close to portraying the gun violence at home. Have a look at this snippet from the Chicago Sun Times for example, almost 20 shootings this past Sunday alone, and that's the reported ones.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/section/crime/
THAT, is a fascinating insight.
I had not imagined shootings to be so commonplace anywhere except war zones.
Live and learn hey!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

GTC7
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GTC7 »

^^It's very localized though, and I don't want to paint a picture of America being in total anarchy, because I'm heading back in August and am not worried about my conceal carry permit or anything like that. All depends where you are from.

For example, when I lived in the ghetto 3 people in my apartment complex ended up being shot, but when I moved out to farming country, literally no one locked their front door and left the keys in their car to keep it warm or cool with the engine running.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Theres another one in toronto 14 shot.

Shooter dead.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

GTC7 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:18 pm ^^It's very localized though, and I don't want to paint a picture of America being in total anarchy, because I'm heading back in August and am not worried about my conceal carry permit or anything like that. All depends where you are from.

For example, when I lived in the ghetto 3 people in my apartment complex ended up being shot, but when I moved out to farming country, literally no one locked their front door and left the keys in their car to keep it warm or cool with the engine running.
Perth hasnt exactly got the best history as of late either.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Beerinthemorning wrote:
GTC7 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:18 pm ^^It's very localized though, and I don't want to paint a picture of America being in total anarchy, because I'm heading back in August and am not worried about my conceal carry permit or anything like that. All depends where you are from.

Perth hasnt exactly got the best history as of late either.
Why? Those kids in maggot creek two months ago and who else?
Yeah, some other guy over east.topped his kids.
What else is going on there kid?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

GTC7 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:01 pm

[/quote]
That's a quiet weekend. This one during the reign of Obama gets to me. Memorial Day weekend closes with 69 shot in Chicago, many of them on West Side
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:24 pm Theres another one in toronto 14 shot.
Canada should ban guns to prevent attacks like this from happening. Oh, they already have banned guns?

Then Canada needs to ban restaurants to prevent attacks like this from happening.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic