Rapey Indians Get Beaten for Getting on Women's Only Train Carriage

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Rapey Indians Get Beaten for Getting on Women's Only Train Carriage

Post by prahocalypse now »

on the New Delhi metro. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Rapey Indians Get Beaten for Getting on Women's Only Train Carriage

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brilliant. :lol:

They look so surprised. Who me ?
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

Do butch lesbians count as men or women?
In any case, assuming the train's crowded-ness is properly balanced, guys getting into the women-only carriage obviously have less than honorable motives, so a beating is fully deserved.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

India is extremely rapey, I traveled there with women friends a couple of times and can understand why they feel the need for women-only carriages, the men there are disgusting creeps.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

Just saw this thread and it reminded me of when I boarded a train in India in Kolkata. I didn't see the signs plastered everywhere at first saying women's only carriage but I saw the looks I was getting. I had a backpack with me and I was obviously not a local so maybe that's why I didn't cop a flogging like the blokes in the clip above (and rightly so) and quickly changed carriages when I realised my mistake.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Reputation might've since changed but back in the 80s and 90s, many bar girls in Pattaya would say they refuse to go with them. MO was the most handsome amongst a group of guys would go to the Coconut Bar (aka Beach Rd), negotiate the best price for a freelancer, take her back to his hotel room then next minute there's a knock on the door and all his mates would come in for a 'party'..
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Brody wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:32 pm Image
Gold man met an unlikely end... https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36804209
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:45 pm Reputation might've since changed but back in the 80s and 90s, many bar girls in Pattaya would say they refuse to go with them. MO was the most handsome amongst a group of guys would go to the Coconut Bar (aka Beach Rd), negotiate the best price for a freelancer, take her back to his hotel room then next minute there's a knock on the door and all his mates would come in for a 'party'..
Uh-huh. Unfortunately, that is also a familar MO in Cambodia as well.

“Bauk”- The terrifying trend amongst young middle class Cambodian men
July 25, 2017

“Bauk” literally means “plus” in the Khmer language. It is the name commonly given to gang rape in Cambodia.

A 2013 study conducted by “Partners for Prevention” shows that across the 5 different Asian countries studied Cambodia has one of the highest rates of gang rape in the region; it is in fact, double the rate of gang rape in India. Almost 1 in 10 men report committing rape on a non-partner, and 5% of them admit to committing gang rape. The main motivation stated by men for perpetrating “bauk” was sexual entitlement: the sense that they had a right to sex, regardless of consent.

Half of the men that admit to committing rape stated that they were teenagers the first time they did it. This highlights the urgent need to work with young boys in order to tackle such violence.

But this issue is very rarely addressed in Cambodia. The political response to this phenomenon has been weak as there is no law defining “bauk”.

The typical way “bauk” occurs is when a group of young men lure a girl into a guesthouse where their friends are waiting to rape her. The girl is not aware that several men will be waiting for her. When men can’t find girls, they put their money together to hire sex workers. Several reports of this practice state that this is a “bonding experience” for young men, who can even experience peer pressure if they do not want to participate. It is a way to appear tough in front of their friends.

Many sex workers report that they have often been gang raped by groups of young men. It is now one of the many dangers they face. The violence of these situations drive them to fear for their lives, as they are often beaten. Furthermore, if victims want to report the crime, the process is very hard, which is why they often choose to stay quiet rather than going through the ordeal of a court process. For sex workers, it is nearly impossible to report such a crime. Prostitution being illegal in Cambodia makes reporting rape very difficult. In addition to this, the widespread corruption of police officers makes things even harder and reports of police officers committing rape themselves is not uncommon.

One of the most worrying aspects of this practice is the lack of awareness that this is in fact, rape. Most men don’t consider it a crime, especially if it’s committed on a sex worker. In a survey conducted by the NGO Gender and Development, it was reported that 13,4% of girls, and 13,7% of men did not consider “bauk” to be rape. For some, the violent history of Cambodia specifically during the Khmer Rouge, has contributed to giving men license to be more violent.

It appears that perpetrators do not experience much guilt, and are not afraid of judicial consequences. Indeed, the rampant corruption at all stages of the process allows them to avoid prosecution.
https://universelles.net/2017/07/25/bau ... odian-men/
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

finbar wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:03 pm Do butch lesbians count as men or women?
In any case, assuming the train's crowded-ness is properly balanced, guys getting into the women-only carriage obviously have less than honorable motives, so a beating is fully deserved.
tut tut. Sexist. You should ask if effeminate gays count as men or women as well, and dont forget the third sex. Which begs the question of which carriage any of the non-traditional genders are supposed to use :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic