Favorite Dishes from Your Favorite Restaurants

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Cougar.hunter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Favorite Dishes from Your Favorite Restaurants

Post by Cougar.hunter »

Can you provided me some of your favorite dishes from your favorite restaurants? Getting tired of googling places to eat food when I want something other than khmer food.

Restaurant: Kaifun
In BKK1

Their pulled-pork tacos are a must order for me every time I visit, it’s nothing like Mexican tacos in California, but it’s still good.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Favorite Dishes from Your Favorite Restaurants

Post by John Bingham »

Cougar.hunter wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm Can you provided me some of your favorite dishes from your favorite restaurants? Getting tired of googling places to eat food when I want something other than khmer food.

In BKK1

Their pulled-pork tacos are a must order for me every time I visit, it’s nothing like Mexican tacos in California, but it’s still good.
I had to Google Kaifun. Just a suggestion, you could put an address and a picture in your post, even a link like this would be helpful:

http://mealtemple.com/phnom-penh/jkl/kai-fun.html

Looks good anyway, will be hitting there sometime soon. Cheers. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i love the Chicken Caesar Salad at Riverside Bistro, its a right feed for a salad!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:58 pm
Cougar.hunter wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm Can you provided me some of your favorite dishes from your favorite restaurants? Getting tired of googling places to eat food when I want something other than khmer food.

In BKK1

I had to Google Kaifun. Just a suggestion, you could put an address and a picture in your post, even a link like this would be helpful:

Prices would also be appreciated. Got to cover all bases in case high rollers like J. Crow recommend boeuf carbonnades a la flammande in a 5 star hotel.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Cougar.hunter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cougar.hunter »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:58 pm

In BKK1

Great idea, I’ll do that.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
slinks6122
Tourist

Post by slinks6122 »

I really like the Noodle House on 130. Their Khmer Noodle Curry and Chinese dumplings are great. The noodles are handmade there.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

slinks6122 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am I really like the Noodle House on 130. Their Khmer Noodle Curry and Chinese dumplings are great. The noodles are handmade there.
tried their beef noodles, beef chewy as old shoes, not gonna go back again

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

slinks6122 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am I really like the Noodle House on 130. Their Khmer Noodle Curry and Chinese dumplings are great. The noodles are handmade there.
:thumb:
I've had good noodles there too. And it's cool to watch the guy making your noodles before you eat them.
Khmer Noodle Curry was good if I remember. Can't remember what else we had, but try the dumplings. Last time a Cambodian friend ordered only 4 trays of dumplings, because he had already eaten. We ate all his and had to order some more. Really good.
@bolueeleh Haha, Cambodian beef.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

slinks6122 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am I really like the Noodle House on 130.
Yeah, this place has been my go to for a long while.

It's the same building that Broken Bricks used to be in.

I always get the pulled noodles with egg and tomato, with a batch of shrimp dumplings........yummerzzz!

If you time your visit right, like I do, in the early evening...you can sit at one of the outside tables and you're opposite Loco Bar.

It's great ogling the working girls as they shimmy up and down the street...fresh from the salon....dressed to kill....delicately balancing a bowl of noodles in one hand, bag in the other and an Iphone in the crook of their neck as they softly jabber away to their pom sponsor that they are being a 'good girl' and have 'stopped work bar'.

Alas they are closed today...so I'll have to make do with some ham, cheese, tomato and stale bread.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic