India to Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: India to Cambodia

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:02 pm I should add that i can get a ticket for chennai/bangkok from a place i know in goa. I am thinking it might be cheaper to buy the second leg when i get to bangkok

cheers
charlie
Cheaper to buy the whole deal online and less dicking around at airports. Try this https://www.google.com/flights?gl=in#fl ... .USD.38673
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Richard am getting the summer/winter season mixed up, they go when the weather is ok,ie october ish, anyway its only a short visa trip. They go to thailand for the same reason. One bloke i know just goes to bombay to fly to thailand, but he is not worried about costs. I forgot about the chennia method i think that is the cheapest way ie train to chennai then return to thailand.
I posted because i thought there may be a direct flight to cambodia, obviously not

cheers

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Don't know about dicking around at bangkok airport but i have always found it quick easy and cheaper buying a ticket at bombay domestic airport to goa when i arrive rather than online, even the place i get my london/bombay ticket charges more than i pay at the airport.

cheers

charlie
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:00 pm Thank you, Goa to Chennai first. Is it easy to get a ticket at bangkok airport to PP >

cheers

charlie
Buy it in advance online.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:06 pm What would be the best way to get to Cambodia from Bombay ? I always spend the winter in Goa but i fancy slumming it for a couple of weeks in KOW ;)
just to have a look, it will be in November is the weather ok then ?
i am under the impression i have to travel via thailand, correct ?

cheers :hattip:

charlie
You could do is with Etihad multi flight. London to Bombay then Delhi to Abu Dhabi to Bangkok.
You would have to gp on their website to put in your dates for price.
It maybe better and cheaper to fly return with them London - Bombay.
Then on another date of your convenience, Return flight London to Bangkok around 15 hours.
Depends also how long you have for your holiday. Let's say that part of the trip two months! See how long you can get a Thai tourists visa in London. Then you have no problems with immigration. A few years ago I think I may have been getting 2 months visas. If possible then you can travel overland at your leisure.
I have used Etihad for many years. They do special deals on some flights. Like London to Bangkok. Also if you do this option, sign up on the site with them has a member. With the flight I had home at the beginning of the year, Bangkok to Manchester return. Air miles have given me with their special offer most Phnom Penh city centre offer of 4/5 star hotels for 5 to 6 nights.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

tightenupvolume wrote:I always spend the winter in Goa ...

I was in India for a few months in 1996 and thought Goa was the worst place in the whole country. It was a pleasant-looking place but seemed to attract all sorts of local and foreign dross. I've been back to India since but would never go back to Goa.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

I have been visiting india since the first time overland in the early 70s. didn;t go back through the 80s and 90s but I have been going every winter to goa for the last 12 years or so. I doubt that a short visit on holiday would be a good example of the place, i agree many other parts of india are what i call "real india" but goa has its own charms and once you get to meet a few locals, a few expats and get the feel for the place then it opens up. Am not sure i want to spend 6 months every year in the boondocks of india
As for foreign dross ? all the drug addicts, pedos, piss heads and various other lunatics? they all go to cambodia, is that where you are? talk about pots and kettles. One mans meat is another mans poison.
Worse place in the whole country? try Bihar

cheers
charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Andy, i can,t be fucked doing a multi leg trip. I am going to goa for the winter and will get a ticket from my usual agency, london/bombay return. I just thought i may pop over for a couple of weeks to have a look.

cheers
charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Not sure how to delete post
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

you can hit the X on the top right, next to the edit button
but ONLY for a short time an never after someone else has posted.

visited Goa back in 1975, stayed a month and loved it, had a shack on the beach for $25/month which i shared with a friend, brought down a few kilos from Nepal. Never went back, but have returned to India proper
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic