Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by IraHayes »

They say history doesn't repeat itself but it ryhmes. We are indeed heading for a generational crisis war. In fact it is inevitable. As the post-war survivors grow old and die off the generations born after each manor conflict forget the lessons learnt by their forefathers.

America Russia Iran and India versus the Axis powers of China Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
Jim Gil
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Jim Gil »

A lot of the replies on this topic seem to be suggesting that modern society has reached some sort of crisis point. I don't agree with that at all.
What is happening now is just what has always been happening. People have always wanted what the other guy has and how do you achieve that when you can't or don't want to work and wait.
The poorest members of any society see very few options to get material things so some of them revert to taking them to bolster their own self worth or to be looked up to by their peers, this has nothing to do with religion or race.
I grew up on a shithole housing estate/public housing in Scotland in the 70s/ 80s. There were no jobs, very little money and no real ways of getting it other than illegally. Members of my household sold drugs, robbed people and were regularly in and out of prison. By the time i was 18 I knew personally 4 convicted killers and 3 victims, all were killed by stabbings all were white, we didn't have any immigrants, none were stupid enough to live there.
I suppose the point I'm trying to make (and not very well) is unfortunately it's a large part of human nature, especially males, that 'might is right' or 'only the strongest survive' are well worn cliches for a reason and as long people have envy or avarice (or whatever the correct word is) then there will always be people who will not need any justification to take what they want and if someone's in the way then #$$@ them.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

And you have just reinforced the argument for the next world war... whether you realise it or not.

Edited to add.

Human nature!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I still have no idea how anybody can come to the conclusion that it's all about migrants or

The MSM has done its job well, but tbf it's not really a challenge with the way some people think

I'm just surprised somebody hasn't blamed Putin yet or cellphone signal transmitters
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

C'mon. The violence in Cambodia can not be blamed on not enough wars.

As for the rest of the world, the (world) wars have never stopped. Don't kid yourselves. :roll: Even Australia and NZ are fighting in Afghanistan and the ME. How many wars do you need to make people behave ?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Desperately poor people typically don’t commit such heinous acts. They are too busy trying to avoid starving to death. The country is getting wealthier. Kids now have the dosh to get into drugs and want things.

When the French Revolution started, the average french peasant had it better than the others in Europe. Both economically, socially, etc.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

that genius wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:30 am I still have no idea how anybody can come to the conclusion that it's all about migrants or

The MSM has done its job well, but tbf it's not really a challenge with the way some people think

I'm just surprised somebody hasn't blamed Putin yet or cellphone signal transmitters
Xenophobia is a pre- cursor to global conflict.
Moe
Expatriate

Post by Moe »

violet wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:35 pm No,I don't.

How would you respond if I rustled up a couple of parents who agree with me? My opinion isn't so unique as to not be shared by others.

Edited as I can't string a coherent sentence together
Really? You know a number of people who think that what mankind needs now is another world war? You must hang with a fairly strange crowd.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Moe wrote:
violet wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:35 pm No,I don't.

How would you respond if I rustled up a couple of parents who agree with me? My opinion isn't so unique as to not be shared by others.

Edited as I can't string a coherent sentence together
Really? You know a number of people who think that what mankind needs now is another world war? You must hang with a fairly strange crowd.
^ this.
Russel away V .

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Sure, but they aren't likely to sign up here. it is narrow-minded to think all parents share your view.

In the meantime, be aware that other minds discuss this quite healthily, and question (some for different reasons) if one is needed.

People I choose to hang out with tend to have open minds, are capable of discussing uncomfortable topics, and are able to look at things from a different perspective.

https://www.google.com.kh/amp/s/www.for ... -good/amp/

https://www.businessinsider.com/do-we-n ... war-2011-1

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-war-necessary
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic