Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by that genius »

violet wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:50 pm We need a world war to balance out what we have created.
I remember my father telling my mother that.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

that genius wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:46 pm
violet wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:50 pm We need a world war to balance out what we have created.
I remember my father telling my mother that.
Lol. That took me a moment
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

that genius wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:45 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 pm and if I am different to other Christians you may know I'll own and celebrate that
Now, I have some water I need turned...
I was having this exact conversation with one of the girls the other day. She's been indoctrinated that alcohol = bad, it's in the Bible (it's not).

I asked her about Christ's first recorded miracle, turning the water into wine at the wedding - the best wine they'd ever had, and He made it when they were already drunk.

So, Christ gave great alcohol to drunk party-goers. That confuses the WWJD crowd no end.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:52 pm There is the fact that the vast majority of the perps are either recent immigrants or the children of immigrants. make of that what you will.

charlie
I don't get your point. How do you tie that in to violence in Cambodia ? Do you think that the immigrants and children that you refer to may have suffered similar trauma to post-KR generations of Cambodians ?
Otherwise, why compare UK immigrants to Cambodian rice farmers' kids ? What's the link ?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Poor little darling, RIP :(
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

the link was using violence to steal mopeds, i am not making any point just stating a fact.

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Why not ask S C what the link is between turning water into wine and stealing mopeds ?

charlie
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:39 pm Why not ask S C what the link is between turning water into wine and stealing mopeds ?

charlie
Why would you ask me? I was responding to the poster that raised it.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

The point i am making stroppy is that he asked me what the link was between teens using extreme violence to steal mopeds in cambodia and the similar thing happening in London, the link is obvious.

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

StroppyChops wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:06 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 pm There's something about the inherent culture in the real backwoods of this country where killing things for no reason is just a thing. The kid of one of our builders is considered weird by all the other kids, he's "from the village" as they say. He just randomly kills things like a little psychopath and has zero social skills. His parents aren't abusive, in fact his mother is probably as overly indulgent as any parent of a little shit. He just has no empathy. These kids are most likely the same - they just have no concept of that little kid being something other than an object in the way of the thing they want at that time. It's like that other kid that got murdered by that girl for a shitty little necklace. These murderers have just never been taught not to do this shit.
Fair point. So, like a redneck thing. (If you're a redneck, don't get all huffy, you know I'm right.) Actually we see that to a lesser degree in kids that come to our house that automatically reach out to hit or kick our pets. They (and often their parents) are honestly stunned and confused when we tell them strongly to not do that. We almost always get dirty looks from the parents - how dare we tell their child what not to do in our private home?

Fair warning - I'm going to ramble off into a western context discussion at this point, it's probably going to be TL;DR for many, so "Millennials bad, but it's the parent's fault" will do.

Some years back a gang of young boys kidnapped and brutally tortured a young mentally handicapped boy before killing him, which caused "shock and moral outrage" in the Western Australian community. One of the acts that brought the event to world attention was that they stuffed the kid's anus with D-cell batteries. Some argued that the attackers came from good families with good parents, yadda yadda, but I think that over indulgence you mention is as damaging as abuse or lack of care. "I've never been denied anything in my life, and my mother takes care of any problems I create without correcting me, so why SHOULDN'T I kill this little mental kid?"

My son was raised by his mother (by mutual agreement as we separated) on the condition that she would support him coming to live with me if he ever expressed a desire to do so, and that visitation be respected. He joined Mrs Stroppy and I when he was 15 and we set some expectations early. I told him that it was my job to ensure he had everything he needed, and only some of what he wanted. He was stunned at this, argued it aggressively, and questioned his recent life choices about who he'd live with. He was adamant that it was my job to give him everything he wanted, and honestly couldn't conceptualise why I didn't automatically agree with that.

I truly believe that the kid who wants for nothing, never understands what it is to actually want something.
Anchor, why did you not ask stroppy what a crime in western Oz has to do with cambodia? i think you are selectively picking me out, why? i don't know

charlie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic