Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 2778
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 423
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by cptrelentless » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:12 pm

fatuousdrivel wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:00 pm
At the end of the day a child longs for their father. It’s a fact.
My wife's first daughter thinks her dad is an arse and wants nothing to do with him. There's certainly no love there. Been like that since she was young, always awkward on the odd occasion when he came round.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1015
Australia

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by StroppyChops » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:37 pm

fatuousdrivel wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:51 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 pm
fatuousdrivel wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm
Not very Christian of you.
There may come a time when you realise I ignore everything you say before or after this line, as it tells me you're just trolling. Which is sad, as you quite often have meaningful and insightful things to say, which I'd otherwise engage with. Your recurring theme doesn't bother me in the least, and if I am different to other Christians you may know I'll own and celebrate that, but honestly can't be bothered with you if you think that's actually a meaningful criticism. It's lazy and easy - surely you can do better.
You’ve not really replied to my questions, but thank you for telling me what I already knew about myself.

Did I say something you don’t agree with therefore I’m a troll? How does that work for you in the real world or is that the reason you came here?

You need to get over yourself mate. I for one don’t care that you’ve been on this site for ages or been here in KOW longer than many. It doesn’t make you an expert on matters of life. It just makes you come across as a bit of an arse.
I'm always a little undecided as to whether to respond to baiters such as yourself as it tends to always just chum the waters and spark up a feeding frenzy. I've been through one or two and they don't bother me, other than for time wasted. But, let's give it a go.

You're very like my son and a few of his mates in that you'll constantly ignore the responses that are put to you and bounce off into the next thing, and then the next thing, continuously shifting focus rapidly so as not to have to give a reasonable response to what was just said to you directly. They also revert to "you didn't answer/respect me" as it suits their needs. You would deny this and screech that I must give you examples, but now I've said it, you won't.

So let me say it again - my point was that every time you use the lazy, and frankly cretinous adhom of "oh, you're not very Christian" I ignore your post.

Now, that may be your intent, and if so, well played. However, I suspect it's a blind you use to throw focus off the fact that you're actually pretty much a trolling dick. I'm not yet convinced that you're not (yes, double negative, grammar nazis) a sock puppet of someone I know, who happens to crave a whole lot more attention than they get in life - but either way, either as a sock or a legitimate poster, you're a dick. You created your username based on one of my posts - the Darknet creates fatuous drivel - and it was funny and cute at the time but actually got a little sad and stalker-ish when you stuck with it.

And I'll say this again - it's a shame that you hide behind the drivel for which you've named yourself, as you seem to be a reasonably educated, interesting person who I'd enjoy interacting with.

YOUR view is that I need to get over myself, I'm not an expert on matters of life, and that I'm a bit of an arse. I have no issue with (and don't care about) your negative view of me, other than I'm a little put out that YOU don't think I'm a total arse, because I make it clear that I think you're a knob. It's YOUR view, but once you've expressed it once, or even a couple of times, YOUR need to keep stating YOUR view of me as though it's somehow fact starts to say more about YOU than me. YOU know nothing about how I handle the real world, why I came here, or what I do, but it never prevents YOU from writing a narrative about me in YOUR head, and responding to that narrative. Thanks for the free rent in YOUR head, by the way.

People post things I don't agree with, and I post things that others don't agree with, all the time. There have been some spectacular instances of this in the early days of CEO - and yet the posters that remain are mature enough to know how to play nicely with the other children, or how to give an adult response when we're not playing nicely. You, though... "you're not very Christian" ... really? If you knew me at all you'd know I don't take that as a criticism.

"You didn't agree with me, so you think I'm a troll." What a gloriously child-like response on an internet forum, and how sad for you that you think others give you that much thought. "How does that work for you in the real world?" You think that burns? Seriously? Do you think for a moment that I don't talk to people as frankly in real life as I do on a forum? "Or is that the reason you came here?" Uhh, yeah, you got me. You've worked me out, and now I don't know what I'll do with my life. Seriously, if you're going to play in the big leagues, you really do need to work on your insults.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Barang chgout
Expatriate
Posts: 3065
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am
Reputation: 677

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by Barang chgout » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:54 pm

Good on you Strop.
I personally have opinions about religion but they are just that, personal opinions.
I've not seen you push Christianity at all. You occasionally mention things like church (and yes I giggle) but, only in reference to the topic, perhaps a conversation had there or an observation of the congregation.
Seems to me a bit pointless trying to goad others into fighting because of a belief system....
Anyhoo, just my 5 cents worth.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

User avatar
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:29 pm
Reputation: 236
Location: london
India

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by tightenupvolume1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Back to the stealing of bikes. In london and particulary in my area of north london there has been a spate of acid attacks on pizza delievery guys, acid is thrown in the face and sometimes they get stabbed, the perps want the bike and any money they have. It is happening weekly, can't be blamed on poverty at least not the type of poverty in Asia. Also stabbings and killing are now a weekly affair, a couple right near me in the last couple of weeks, the vast majority of these crimes are by teenagers.

just my 10 bobs worth

charlie
a faint heart never fucked a pig
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 1617
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 484
Cambodia

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by Kammekor » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:40 pm

cptrelentless wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:20 pm
fatuousdrivel wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:22 am
that genius wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:11 am
bolueeleh wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:44 am
it is not terrible times, coz it didnt change much fm last, when ppl r poor, life is cheap, until most ppl r lifted out of poverty then do they realise that there is much more to live for
I agree with some of what you say, but there are millions of poor people who do not resort to this. It's also about upbringing. The value of life is abused way more by rich people than by poor people.

Shit like this makes me want to bring the death penalty back. At least the state (and the parents of the dead child) wouldn't have to pay for these two scumbags to spend 10 years plus in prison.
The trouble with that is the perps have parents too so now three families suffer the loss of their children.

Not saying I disagree but there’s far reaching consequences.
A counter-argument is that kids are the product of their parents, and to a lesser degree their surroundings. Kids of that age simply don't have a capacity for murder (unless they're insane) without something being massively wrong in their life, and in the first instance you'd always look to the parents. Where did the kids get this idea of murdering the boy and stealing his moto? That thought doesn't naturally occur to kids of that age.

Side note - I always contend that it is not a parent's job to be their child's best friend (which is what has led to the millennial snowflake phenomenon in western countries) but to raise functioning, contributing members of society. If the kid likes you, that's a bonus, but liking you or not liking you should never be a currency that your kid can give or take to influencing your parenting of them.
There's something about the inherent culture in the real backwoods of this country where killing things for no reason is just a thing. The kid of one of our builders is considered weird by all the other kids, he's "from the village" as they say. He just randomly kills things like a little psychopath and has zero social skills. His parents aren't abusive, in fact his mother is probably as overly indulgent as any parent of a little shit. He just has no empathy. These kids are most likely the same - they just have no concept of that little kid being something other than an object in the way of the thing they want at that time. It's like that other kid that got murdered by that girl for a shitty little necklace. These murderers have just never been taught not to do this shit.
There's loads of psychological / psychiatric disorders, and all of those exist in Cambodia too, but they're hardly ever diagnosed or treated.

I think that's part of the explanation.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1015
Australia

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by StroppyChops » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:46 pm

tightenupvolume1 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:32 pm
Back to the stealing of bikes. In london and particulary in my area of north london there has been a spate of acid attacks on pizza delievery guys, acid is thrown in the face and sometimes they get stabbed, the perps want the bike and any money they have. It is happening weekly, can't be blamed on poverty at least not the type of poverty in Asia. Also stabbings and killing are now a weekly affair, a couple right near me in the last couple of weeks, the vast majority of these crimes are by teenagers.

just my 10 bobs worth

charlie
What do you think is behind it? Simple greed/need?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 301

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by violet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:49 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:46 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:32 pm
Back to the stealing of bikes. In london and particulary in my area of north london there has been a spate of acid attacks on pizza delievery guys, acid is thrown in the face and sometimes they get stabbed, the perps want the bike and any money they have. It is happening weekly, can't be blamed on poverty at least not the type of poverty in Asia. Also stabbings and killing are now a weekly affair, a couple right near me in the last couple of weeks, the vast majority of these crimes are by teenagers.

just my 10 bobs worth

charlie
What do you think is behind it? Simple greed/need?
Nothing in life is simple.
How about young people are not learning responsibility, repercussions, the fragility of life and death (oh, Johnny can't risk a grazed knee on a jungle gym), that people and experience are worth more than bling and money?
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 301

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by violet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:50 pm

We need a world war to balance out what we have created.
User avatar
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:29 pm
Reputation: 236
Location: london
India

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by tightenupvolume1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:52 pm

There is the fact that the vast majority of the perps are either recent immigrants or the children of immigrants. make of that what you will.

charlie
a faint heart never fucked a pig
User avatar
that genius
Expatriate
Posts: 4065
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am
Reputation: 960
Sweden

Re: Child Brutally Murdered for a Honda Dream

Post by that genius » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:45 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:45 pm
and if I am different to other Christians you may know I'll own and celebrate that
You are very different to most Christians.

You're not a fucking holier-than-thou hypocrite and you never talk about religious stuff unless you are asked.

It's been a privilege knowing you and your wife...and your crazy fucking mountain lion cat.

Fuck the naysayers.

Now, I have some water I need turned...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post