Bag Snatching from Tuktuk from Phnom Penh Airport

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bag Snatching from Tuktuk from Phnom Penh Airport

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tuktuk 1 - Bagsnatchers 0
Phnom Penh: The route between Phnom Penh International Airport to downtown Phnom Penh is a popular target for bag snatchers. On July 18, 2018, at 9:30 pm, an unidentified Chinese man nearly got his bag snatched from a tuk-tuk after leaving the airport, on street 2004, Khan Por Senchey, Phnom Penh.

According to Leng Kimhong,the tuk-tuk driver, he had picked up the victim from the airport, and while he was driving the tuk-tuk on street 2004, there were 5 to 6 suspects who rode up on two motorbikes to snatch the Chinese man's bag. Fortunately, the thieves were unable to get the bag from the victim, and their motorbike crashed into the tuk-tuk, causing it to overturn on the motorbike. So then the suspects all jumped on the other motorbike to make their getaway, leaving the first motorbike at the scene.

The victim was slightly injured and was sent to the hospital. The police took the suspects' motorbike to keep at Khan Porsenchey police station.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bag Snatching from Tuktuk from Phnom Penh Airport Fails

Post by armchairlawyer »

Please everyone, do not use a tuktuk to or from the airport. A car from Exnet or Grab costs $8.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bag Snatching from Tuktuk from Phnom Penh Airport Fails

You are warned. Bag-snatchers are targeting the route between downtown Phnom Penh and the airport.

Phnom Penh - Another bag-snatching on the road to the airport occurred on August 3, 2018, at 7:30 am, when two thieves on a motorbike snatched a bag from two unidentified Chinese men who were taking a tuk-tuk to Phnom Penh International Airport.

The thieves drove off with the bag and made their escape. The victim lost some money, his passport, some documents and other personal items.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Re: Bag Snatching from Tuktuk from Phnom Penh Airport

Post by Multipox »

Would any of the tuktuk drivers be in cahoots with thieves?
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Another bag snatching incident was reported yesterday in broad daylight on the road from Phnom Penh International Airport.

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On August 21, 2019, at 12:30 pm, two Chinese men got bag snatched in a PassApp tuk-tuk on the way back from the airport, in Kbal Domrey village, Sangkat Katab 2, Khan Porsenchey, Phnom Penh.

Before the incident, the victims took a PassApp tuk-tuk from the airport into town. On the road, a suspect drove up on a motorbike along side the tuk-tuk and snatched the bag from the victim; then drove away. The victim lost some money and a passport. Fortunately, no one was hurt in the attack.

After the incident, the police went to the scene for questioning and took the victim to file complaint at the police station.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Everybody please please please
catch an air con taxi from the airport
to your aircon western style hotel room
eat only in safe western restaurants
and don't dare step foot outside riverside/st 136 area
land mines are everyewhere.
Or if you really want it safe, boring and just like back home - go to thailand or some other tourist/expat paradise.
Cambodia is not a country for those that cannot handle riding in a tuk tuk
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:59 pm and don't dare step foot outside riverside/st 136 area
Like omg street 172 is so dirty like do they like even like clean in this city like eewww???!!!??? omg you guys like how can you like even live here like omg
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

My home is near the fairly new flyover near Dara Airport Hotel...I have been attacked 5 times on Russian Blvd near there since 2013...Last attack was a year ago....Most dangerous section is near Royal University of Phnom Penh..
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Patcan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:10 pm ..Most dangerous section is near Royal University of Phnom Penh..
Students? - the next generation of white collar crims doin' a bit of basic training while studying for their MBA's?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

If I have money on me when I arrive it's taxi straight to money changers then bank
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic