flooding

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: flooding

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

19 July 2018
Sihanoukville province: Police were using a skiff to ferry passengers across parts of flooded roads...
Or giving a hand to push vehicles across.
Huy Bunleng
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Kampong Speu - Update: The authorities are preparing forces to evacuate and assist the flood victims in the province. Police commander of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces Command, Chea Sarun, told Rasmey Kampuchea that his entire armed forces were ready to assist and protect the villagers living on the Prek Thnong river, which could face serious flooding.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Flack jackets replaced by life jackets.
You could be next.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:42 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:52 pm kampot is now cut off with hwy 3 completely trashed- large sections of the road gone altogether
kampot not at all cut off,better check ur source...
Road between kep and kampot has no water on it BUT the condition is pot holed all the way, where as 2 years ago could easily drive from our house to downtown kampot in 25 minutes, tonight took over an hour

I drove down highway 7- 6-61-51-3-31 today from Kampong cham via Oudong took about 4 1/2 hours.. No parts of the road are gone
You went though PP? Adds about 2 hours on the trip. What vehicle were you in?
I know
NO i went Above PP, i hate driving in the city....look at google maps for the route;highway 7- 6-61-51-3-31

MY trusty Honda civic :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:12 am
frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:52 pm kampot is now cut off with hwy 3 completely trashed- large sections of the road gone altogether
Road between kep and kampot has no water on it BUT the condition is pot holed all the way, where as 2 years ago could easily drive from our house to downtown kampot in 25 minutes, tonight took over an hour

I drove down highway 7- 6-61-51-3-31 today from Kampong cham via Oudong took about 4 1/2 hours.. No parts of the road are gone
I know
NO i went Above PP, i hate driving in the city....look at google maps for the route;highway 7- 6-61-51-3-31

Arrived at your destination safely. Good trip then, and you never had to get the boat out?
Was good to see you, (it's been a long time since I saw you up country). Pity that there's no good food in this place.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:12 am

I know

How was 51 coming off 61 and to where it intersects with Rt 4 ?
I used it around 18 months ago and approx 40km up to the Rt 4 intersection was badly potholed, lots of dust and trucks. It would be a great PP bypass if they've fixed it.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

bit of road work, maybe less than 5kms, but overall a great get around PP route

PS; i find driving on Cambodian roads mentally draining compared to Thailand, Laos, Myanmar and Malaysia
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

That ring road will make a big difference - they have made huge progress in the last 18 months and as a PP bypass to B'Bang or SR from the south coast it will be brilliant

I hear that my fave road 41 is a potholed mess now
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Talking of road 4 to koh kong any news? Authorities said possible no traveling for a week?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

AndyKK wrote:Talking of road 4 to koh kong any news? Authorities said possible no traveling for a week?
Yes, good question. How did the 48 fare? It is always a bit shit. Was thinking of going to Kampot soon, maybe best to wait a while!?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic