Kenyan Volunteer Asked to Show $1,000 USD at Phnom Penh Airport or She Can't Enter Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Kenyan Volunteer Asked to Show $1,000 USD at Phnom Penh Airport or She Can't Enter Cambodia

Post by angkorjohn »

fax wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:16 am
angkorjohn wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am now available for $40k
More importantly it says
The Flicks will face closure soon, unless a new proprietor can be found.
and
existing since 2009
so we can assume that a 1x10 year lease or the 2nd 5 year lease since 2009 is going to expire sometime in 2019. During its closure the owner will probably pick up his beggar backpack and move his ass on to other countries while touting the dictatorial horrors which led him to flee such a paradise as Cambodia where dodgy Kenyans are yelled at by immigration and British scum are chased by German shepherds.

I for one welcome the crackdown on loserism. Go team immigration!
Well I have enjoyed reading the comments on the for sale post here and on the TOF (again I apologize for directing traffic to that shitshow) - having raised $7500 to buy it he has been trying to flog it for 10 times that even though someone says it doesnt make any serious cash. It also seems to have had a "5 year lease" for 5 years - I would guess the lease on the other two fell through and they wanted more as they closed so now from 3 cinemas for $70k 12 months ago you get one in the arse end of tuol sleng for $40k.... I think it will close soon.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Kenyan Volunteer Asked to Show $1,000 USD at Phnom Penh Airport or She Can't Enter Cambodia

Post by bolueeleh »

fax wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:59 am I call bullshit. Shoes including flip flops are checked on airports. It's just that nobody gives a shit if you stashed $24,000 in your flip flops. Carrying cash isn't illegal but you are normally required to declare larger amounts but you don't do that passing through security. It's not a crime it's just stupid.

i guess we go to diff airports then, and believe me, if the security sees a wad of cash stuck in the flip flop, they wld deffo give a shit :D
violet wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 am
bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 am
Pragmatist wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:12 am ( dont work with flip flop tho )
actually it does, if u cut open exactly where the they glued the soles tgt, u will find that it is mostly empty inside, use a penknife to carve out the depth n size of a us dollar bill, 1 sole cld fit abt 12k of 100$ bills easily, a pair these flip flops, 24k easily, seeing they r flip flops, they dont go thru x ray

I'm guessing it ain't money you've been stashing in your thick soled jandals when you go through customs and immigration.
u cant hide drugs in sandals, u can anyway but if the k9 r there then u r royally fucked
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

K9 can smell money too. Your plan is foiled again.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

nobody smuggles money anymore... that went out in the 90's
If u need move large sums $100,000 under the radar ++ use the Hawala way...

Just declare what ya got when u enter a country.......
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:02 pm nobody smuggles money anymore... that went out in the 90's
If u need move large sums $100,000 under the radar ++ use the Hawala way...

Just declare what ya got when u enter a country.......
fax wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:28 pm K9 can smell money too. Your plan is foiled again.
hahaha u guys cracked me up
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:09 pm hahaha u guys cracked me up
Yeah mate it's hilarious when you're wrong. Large sums of money is something they sniff for.

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

fax wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:10 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:09 pm hahaha u guys cracked me up
Yeah mate it's hilarious when you're wrong. Large sums of money is something they sniff for.

like i said u n i go to different airports, btw the video u posted is not even in asia, cheers mate :beer3:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

dogs are at magor airports hence reason i said nobody smuggles $$ anymore.
Much of the huge $$ smuggling in the early 2000 was the US,Canada an Oz back to asia
in the 80's, early 90's, it was inter asia ( Japan, Korea, Nepal, India) back to HK ( along with us, Canada, Oz)
with little or any being caught
one person could easily carry 50-$100,000+
anyone spending any time around Chung king mansion in HK in the 80-early 90's would know :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:19 pmike i said u n i go to different airports, btw the video u posted is not even in asia, cheers mate :beer3:
Cash-sniffing dogs in Hong Kong.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

hanno wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:19 pmike i said u n i go to different airports, btw the video u posted is not even in asia, cheers mate :beer3:
Cash-sniffing dogs in Hong Kong.

So how do prostitutes get on going through the airport. They're always sitting on a bundle of money.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic