Complaints about Bad Quality New Borey Houses: Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Complaints about Bad Quality New Borey Houses: Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: A customer of Borey Piphup Thmey at Kamboul Brand, was disappointed and angry about the apartment that she bought at Borey Piphup Thmey which belongs to the well known Okhna Hong Peav.
A person with account name Limspirations, has posted a video that she was not happy about a house that she bought at Borey Piphup Thmey. She said the building was constructed with bad quality products, as you can see by the photos of the many cracks in the house interior.

She also said that the staff didn't care about her as a customer, and they have proposed no solutions for her problems, or paid any attention to her complaints. When the client tried to contact the constructor for some answers, there was no reply. She could not move into her house on the agreed date, and there were no explications for late delivery of the construction.
Added to all these complaints, a number of structural faults in the building indicate that it is unsound. The woman has decided to send a video to the Okhna Hong Peav, who is the owner of the borey construction, to find a solution for her problems.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Complaints about Bad Quality New Borey Houses: Phnom Penh

Post by Duncan »

How can she expect top quality work while all the experts and tradesmen are working on fixing the rubbish collection service. Perhaps if she waits until the erections are over at the end of this month, more blood will flow to the brain and she might get something done..
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

This is what happens when the units a sold before they are even finished. They already have the money so don't give a shit.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Hearing this from EVERYONE I know that bought one of those pieces of shit. Falling apart, doors falling off hinges, knobs breaking off, electric doesn't work, plumbing issues, and on and on and on...

Absolutely no ruinenwert in ANYTHING being built in Cambodia nowadays.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Most people who have expressed an interest in the building plot we have for sale have said they want to build so they can be sure the work is done properly. And the OP is the reason.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

It's amazing how they can take soooooooo fucking looooooooong to do construction work here, but still do such a shitty job. Time to re-read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance".
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:39 am Absolutely no ruinenwert in ANYTHING being built in Cambodia nowadays.
Felg is being a touch more hyperbolic than usual. It must be that time of the AAS cycle when testosterone levels fluctuate. :whip:

I think it's instructive to remain mindful of the fact that 'Borey' is not an all inclusive term.

They vary WILDLY across the spectrum when taking into account, quality, cost, customer service, neighborhood maintenance and upkeep, security staffing...etc.

Especially when talking about the smaller boreys, they each have their own little Oknha or conglomerate at the head of the fiefdom. And as you know even Oknhas come with varying sizes of wallets and degrees of influence.

Therefore the different Boreys would reflect that.

There is everything from 'Borey Hi-Tech Heng Heng All Kind of Shitbox' to the more respected 'Borey Peng Huoth'. And they are priced accordingly and quality flows from that, most times. The higher end Boreys come with warranties as well as excellent customer service, extending long after purchase.

To be honest this lady may very well be living in a shitbox with major problems but some of those pics just look like settling cracks, especially the picture of the crack next to the light switch.

Homes do settle over time. The foundation has to go through cycles of wet and dry seasons, humidity, etc. You're going to find a crack somewhere...in any house.

Anyway, just my two cents. I have multiple acquaintances living in the higher end Boreys, some for over 3 years now, and their experiences are diametrically opposed to what Felg is reporting.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

In our world we call it subsidence. Also for a new build, paintwork is of low standard.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I viewed at least 40+ boreys (at the insistence of my better half) while house hunting, from the so-called high end to the low cost amateur boreys...the construction quality on all of them were absolutely shit and I would never consider buying one, the missus also agrees (thank fark).
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

Brody wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:19 am
Felgerkarb wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:39 am Absolutely no ruinenwert in ANYTHING being built in Cambodia nowadays.
Felg is being a touch more hyperbolic than usual. It must be that time of the AAS cycle when testosterone levels fluctuate. :whip:

I think it's instructive to remain mindful of the fact that 'Borey' is not an all inclusive term.

They vary WILDLY across the spectrum when taking into account, quality, cost, customer service, neighborhood maintenance and upkeep, security staffing...etc.

Especially when talking about the smaller boreys, they each have their own little Oknha or conglomerate at the head of the fiefdom. And as you know even Oknhas come with varying sizes of wallets and degrees of influence.

Therefore the different Boreys would reflect that.

There is everything from 'Borey Hi-Tech Heng Heng All Kind of Shitbox' to the more respected 'Borey Peng Huoth'. And they are priced accordingly and quality flows from that, most times. The higher end Boreys come with warranties as well as excellent customer service, extending long after purchase.

To be honest this lady may very well be living in a shitbox with major problems but some of those pics just look like settling cracks, especially the picture of the crack next to the light switch.

Homes do settle over time. The foundation has to go through cycles of wet and dry seasons, humidity, etc. You're going to find a crack somewhere...in any house.

Anyway, just my two cents. I have multiple acquaintances living in the higher end Boreys, some for over 3 years now, and their experiences are diametrically opposed to what Felg is reporting.
Glad you catch my humor, Brody. As for AAS...*jab**jab*

In any event, I admit maybe not ALL are shite, but most of the mid level ones my friends bought are falling apart, including a few in this particular one this lady is complaining about. One of the major problems is that a lot of these sites are on reclaimed land, which should take 5 to 7 years after filling in with sand to settle. Most of these projects barely wait 2 years, which leads to settling issues. Add in cheap materials, to include finishings, and you have got a real mess on your hands.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic