The Blind Masseuses of Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

By Marrisa

..an estimated 43,800 Cambodians blind in both eyes, according to the Australian Government’s Avoidable Blindness Initiative, various organisations have taken steps to turn this trend around.

To ensure they get the timing right, each masseuse carries a talking clock that they will set when they start.

Don’t expect a delicately fragranced spa, kitted out with lush private rooms, where gentle music lulls in the background.

Full https://theculturetrip.com/asia/cambodi ... -cambodia/
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: The Blind Masseuses of Cambodia

Post by that genius »

One female hobbit at Seeing Hands near Wat Phnom nearly bloody killed me, such a small woman but so damn strong, I had to quit halfway through
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

On my first trip to KoW in 2003 I was taken to a massage place in SR. After putting on the kit of oversized shorts and a smock i prepared for a nice massage. (never had one before).
The older woman operator started and she was not overly strong. She asked me "ok" and I gave her the thumbs up/ The massage intensified a bit and when she finished on my back and started on my legs she again asked "ok?" again i gave her the thumbs up.
As the tears welled up in my eyes as she tried to strip the muscles off my legs I hoped that it would end soon.
At the conclusion I hobbled out and my mate asked me how it went and I said "never again. She fucking near ripped my legs apart sinew by sinew" When he questioned the woman she apparently told him that every time she asked me "ok?" I said harder.
It was then explained to me that thumbs up meant Harder and thumbs down meant softer.
She apologised to my friend and said she was exhausted doing it so hard.

Live and learn. I now enjoy a good massage . =@
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Arget wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 am On my first trip to KoW in 2003 I was taken to a massage place in SR. After putting on the kit of oversized shorts and a smock i prepared for a nice massage. (never had one before).
The older woman operator started and she was not overly strong. She asked me "ok" and I gave her the thumbs up/ The massage intensified a bit and when she finished on my back and started on my legs she again asked "ok?" again i gave her the thumbs up.
As the tears welled up in my eyes as she tried to strip the muscles off my legs I hoped that it would end soon.
At the conclusion I hobbled out and my mate asked me how it went and I said "never again. She fucking near ripped my legs apart sinew by sinew" When he questioned the woman she apparently told him that every time she asked me "ok?" I said harder.
It was then explained to me that thumbs up meant Harder and thumbs down meant softer.

You should have gone to the blind one. She would just have assumed you were just being rude by not answering.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:54 am
Arget wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 am On my first trip to KoW in 2003 I was taken to a massage place in SR. After putting on the kit of oversized shorts and a smock i prepared for a nice massage. (never had one before).

You should have gone to the blind one. She would have assumed you were just being rude by not answering.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Sorry, double post.
tireswang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tireswang »

The Blind Man with the Seeing Hands makes me feel mo bettahs than a percodan can. I Love those people and always leave a generous tip.
~
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

I used to go to

Chantharith Seeing Hand Massage which was located near the Russian embassy.

Very strong and they seem to know what they are doing.

Their old location

Chantharith Seeing Hand Massage
77E0 Samdach Sothearos Blvd (3), Phnom Penh
092 219 561
https://maps.app.goo.gl/xcHV6paNR5sgsYhHA

They relocated to

Dropped pin
Near Phnom Penh, Preah Norodom Blvd (41), Golftown cambodia
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qqXHWmYYqxrR6Jnh7

For the last few years I've been going to a Khmer massage place where Khmer go to get "fixed" on street 472.

$3 an hour or $4 with ac. No "fun stuff". If you explain where you have pain they massage it right out of you Image

St 472, Phnom Penh
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fCrk9uVp3dCMJEMA8

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

But be careful. Go to one that is under the auspices of one of the recognised orgs for the blind.
I believe the Cambodian Blind Students Association started the endeavour.

My ex went to an small unaffiliated Blind Massage joint in Siem Reap and the bloke tried it on.
Bad mistake, (on his part)
indigoindigo
Tourist

Post by indigoindigo »

Never had a bad experience with a blind masseuse
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic