Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by rozzieoz »

simon43 wrote:Damn - I read the post title too literally, and was ready with my gimp mask, bondage gear and whip...
Do you drink tequila? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Funny story is my formidable manager was that place very first staff when it didn’t bear this name. Their second staff got married with the owner who later on went back home with her and in that era I could even call myself their one and only neighbor :D
BTW I haven’t set foot on KTK since 2010.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Whiteslavesofktk wrote:I have personally volunteered at Ten103 for 8 months. 3.5 of those months were for Lois(the Swedish girl in mention). If you have never considered volunteering for accommodation please leave this post as it has NOTHING to do with you!
My time on ktk was an unforgettable adventure and I will most definitely go back. The guesthouse employs(and pays) an array of hard working khmer staff who became good friends in those months. My fellow western volunteers? We are one big happy family and the word "work" only applies some of the time because half the time the bar is just empty and you're literally just hanging out with your friends IN PARADISE. This is not a career move but it is a great way to spend your time!
Last but not least, Lois IS THE BEST, I have nothing but love and respect for her personally and her management style. Anyone interested in this type of experience will have an absolutely phenomenal time!
So you worked there.
They issued you with a work permit and letter of employment?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

content
Tourist
United States of America

Post by content »

Barang chg read the first sentence. VOLUNTEERED
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

content wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm Barang chg read the first sentence. VOLUNTEERED
Don't volunteers need work permits too?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

prahocalypse now wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:06 pm
content wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm Barang chg read the first sentence. VOLUNTEERED
Don't volunteers need work permits too?
As I suspect you already know, they do indeed require work permits. As soon as the law reaches the more isolated outposts Lovely Lois and some of her staff will discover the water is too hot for swimming in this paradisiacal setting. Damn few free rides left in Cambodia.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

Whiteslavesofktk wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 pm If you have never considered volunteering for accommodation please leave this post as it has NOTHING to do with you!
Did you join the forum to boss people around? Does not sound like the kind of people that I would want to "volunteer" with.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

KickingWithRedLabel wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm
Whiteslavesofktk wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 pm If you have never considered volunteering for accommodation please leave this post as it has NOTHING to do with you!
Did you join the forum to boss people around? Does not sound like the kind of people that I would want to "volunteer" with.
Yep, hard to stomach "the purer than thou" sunshine types.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Sorry! I should not of mentioned the requirements of what was needed by the law in this country, and all of our own countrys as a matter of fact. If an immigrant was to not abide by our laws there would be uproars. Cambodia may once had been relaxed, but now make up your mind.
But saying this and that is not what all would do. It's not paid work. So volunteering is OK. No! You need a work permit and the employer need's to submit a foreign quota.
The person in question sent me a PM explaining the situation. I thank her for that and understand too well of the explanation given.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

content wrote:Barang chg read the first sentence. VOLUNTEERED
Yes yes, settle petal.
So , DID THE VOLUNTEER WORKERS HAVE WORK PERMITS?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic