Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave

Post by Barang chgout »

IraHayes wrote:All joking aside the lady has probably been inundated with offers. For those travelling on a budget who want to extend their stay in “paradise” this offer, while we are laughing at them, is just what some of them were looking for.

And if she can get western help on a shoestring in exchange for a bed and rice good luck to her. Exploit them some more I say!
Yeah, im still undecided about this whole 'free labour' thing.
Seems to me, pay a Khmer for a month $150, feed a barang for a month, $++.
The Khmer works 8hrs 30 days, does what he's told and doesn't whinge. Dunno many barang who would work as hard for so little.
Also, isn't this taking available work from the Khmer? Why? I guess the people who volunteer for this stuff often do so because they are budget conscious, which of course means......THEY DON'T SPEND, thereby assisting the local economy, not at all....
Just my thoughts anyhoo.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

simon43 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:56 am Damn - I read the post title too literally, and was ready with my gimp mask, bondage gear and whip...
Same here and now I feel cheated.
TheSiemReaper
Expatriate
Haiti

Post by TheSiemReaper »

Barang chgout wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:47 pm
IraHayes wrote:All joking aside the lady has probably been inundated with offers. For those travelling on a budget who want to extend their stay in “paradise” this offer, while we are laughing at them, is just what some of them were looking for.

And if she can get western help on a shoestring in exchange for a bed and rice good luck to her. Exploit them some more I say!
The Khmer works 8hrs 30 days, does what he's told and doesn't whinge. Dunno many barang who would work as hard for so little.
Also, isn't this taking available work from the Khmer? Why? I guess the people who volunteer for this stuff often do so because they are budget conscious, which of course means......THEY DON'T SPEND, thereby assisting the local economy, not at all....
Just my thoughts anyhoo.

There's nothing on that island except a few guesthouses, a military outpost and a fishing village, there is no local economy to assist.
And the reason they employ these people instead of all Khmer staff is the same as many other guesthouses because the guest feel more comfortable with having the same 'kind of people' as them greeting them at the reception and bar. Which is not the fault of the guesthouses they just cater to their clients.
Speaking of khmer, as these kids live very close with the local staff a lot of them speak better khmer than most expats after 20 odd years here.
Unbelievable the amount of people commenting on things they have not a single clue about...
bartender3042
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by bartender3042 »

As far as Swedish chicks go.. Meh... 3/10.

If she were English she might be 7/10.

Still, I haven't seen bikini pics yet
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm Swedish doms would be the worst for a slave to serve, though. Imagine being forced to drive a Volvo.
Or forced to try to assemble IKEA furniture with nothing but their customary confusing instructions and an allen wrench.
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

Still, I haven't seen bikini pics yet
White slaves generally only get to see smelly feet to lick clean...
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

TheSiemReaper wrote:

Just my thoughts anyhoo.

There's nothing on that island except a few guesthouses, a military outpost and a fishing village, there is no local economy to assist.
And the reason they employ these people instead of all Khmer staff is the same as many other guesthouses because the guest feel more comfortable with having the same 'kind of people' as them greeting them at the reception and bar. Which is not the fault of the guesthouses they just cater to their clients.
Speaking of khmer, as these kids live very close with the local staff a lot of them speak better khmer than most expats after 20 odd years here.
Unbelievable the amount of people commenting on things they have not a single clue about...
As I said, I thought, I'm undecided on this , at this point in time.
I'm not looking to get offensive nor defensive on this one.
I live in OSoam, which I consider slightly remote and not hugely populated nor popular ( this is changing fast), but I guess the fishermen are all cool with someone coming in with free workers while their own kids are going to work as......fishermen.
Again, please don't read this as an argument., I am open to persuasion.
)

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

slavery is bad and illegal whatever the reason;
am sure she makes $$ off her bungalows +food & drinks, YET does not wish to pay for help
And the reason they employ these people instead of all Khmer staff is the same as many other guesthouses because the guest feel more comfortable with having the same 'kind of people' as them greeting them at the reception and bar
:please: :facepalm:

She hires them cause no self respecting Khmer would work for food and a bed in a dorm..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

If it was say 2 hours a day for the days plus free food and a dorm thats fine.

But shes asking 36 hours a week.

Same as a full working in sweden but unpaid.

If a backpacker was creative they would just camp free on a different part of the island and bring supplies from the mainland.

Then again backpackers in SEA arent always that bright are they.
TheSiemReaper
Expatriate
Haiti

Post by TheSiemReaper »

Barang chgout wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:20 pm
TheSiemReaper wrote:

Just my thoughts anyhoo.

As I said, I thought, I'm undecided on this , at this point in time.
I'm not looking to get offensive nor defensive on this one.
I live in OSoam, which I consider slightly remote and not hugely populated nor popular ( this is changing fast), but I guess the fishermen are all cool with someone coming in with free workers while their own kids are going to work as......fishermen.
Again, please don't read this as an argument., I am open to persuasion.
)

I think there's a bit of a misconception of this guesthouse here. The foreigners work nearly exclusively behind the bar and for reception, (something you need English speakers for and it makes the guest more comfortable) the majority is local staff from the island who get paid for their work.

The reason I'm on here defending this guesthouse and their offer is because it seems I'm the only one who knows the on ground situation and members of the staff, whereas everyone else just goes off on this because THEY wouldn't work for free. But these are 20-something kids who are more than happy to live on a remote island for a couple of months and live their hippy dream for +-0$.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic