Motodop Arrested After Attempting to Rape British Expat LAURA MCFADYEN in Battambang

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Motodop Arrested After Attempting to Rape British Expat LAURA MCFADYEN in Battambang

Post by violet »

Barang chgout wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:56 pm
violet wrote:That news is unsettling. Sorry she had that experience. Very scary.
Has Cambodia changed in the last, shall we say 10 years?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what you're getting at
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Motodop Arrested After Attempting to Rape British Expat LAURA MCFADYEN in Battambang

Post by violet »

violet wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 pm
violet wrote:That news is unsettling. Sorry she had that experience. Very scary.

Are you reading more into my post than I was expressing? It's unsettling. I wrote that because when I read it I felt unsettled. I communicated how I felt.
If you are asking why I felt unsettled, I don't really want to go into it, but it has absolutely zero to do with whether Cambodia has or has not changed in ten years, twenty years or two years
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

What happen with the 2 Cambodian Girls?? Did they got raped or same thing, he could not rape them and he just took their things?? The most sad thing about this is that probably 10-20% of the victims report the accident. There might be 5-10 other girls they didnt even report. I might be wrong though.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

violet wrote:
violet wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 pm

Are you reading more into my post than I was expressing? It's unsettling. I wrote that because when I read it I felt unsettled. I communicated how I felt.
If you are asking why I felt unsettled, I don't really want to go into it, but it has absolutely zero to do with whether Cambodia has or has not changed in ten years, twenty years or two years
Just wondering if Cambodia hasn't always been dangerous and unsettling?

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The world is dangerous and unsettling. Always has been. Apparently it's all bloody rose coloured glasses too, and always has been.

For whatever reason, this news genuinely caused a visceral reaction in me. I know the reason but I'm sure not sharing because of some flippant comment on a forum.
But I've learned my lesson. I'll shut the eff up in future so as not to have to write posts like this again.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

It seems to me that other reports of such things have circulated in the past. Also, I think it can be easy to forget the kind of shit that can, and frequently does go on here.

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Offs I commented on one post because THIS one caused a physical reaction in me. Most others cause a mental reaction. Kill me for not being so frickin sensitive that I don't physically respond to all news items. You seem to be implying something, trying to make more out of something than it is? If you want to say something, say it straight.

The reason it affected me is because it triggered strong memories in me of an experience I had last year. I don't really give a shit why every single similar story doesn't, whether the victim is male female British Khmer. Thank goodness they all don't. This one did.
Carry on with your mindset though

As I say, I've learned my lesson. I acted on impulse to share a feeling, somewhat as a way of humanly connecting with someone who had a negative experience. She'd been ripped apart by many for her looks (but heaven forbid you lot be like TOF). I was compelled to write something nice.
Pretty hard to forget the shit that goes on here if one pays attention to people and looks at articles
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I entirely agree. Hard to forget what happens here. That was my point. Not meant to be a personal attack but if you feel it was that way, I apologise.

xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

violet wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 am Offs I commented on one post because THIS one caused a physical reaction in me. Most others cause a mental reaction. Kill me for not being so frickin sensitive that I don't physically respond to all news items. You seem to be implying something, trying to make more out of something than it is? If you want to say something, say it straight.

The reason it affected me is because it triggered strong memories in me of an experience I had last year. I don't really give a shit why every single similar story doesn't, whether the victim is male female British Khmer. Thank goodness they all don't. This one did.
Carry on with your mindset though

As I say, I've learned my lesson. I acted on impulse to share a feeling, somewhat as a way of humanly connecting with someone who had a negative experience. She'd been ripped apart by many for her looks (but heaven forbid you lot be like TOF). I was compelled to write something nice.
Pretty hard to forget the shit that goes on here if one pays attention to people and looks at articles
What the fuck are you talking about? Who are you talking to?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The poster above me. If you read carefully, you'd realise we'd exchanged comments in four or more posts. Do keep up.
Last edited by violet on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic