Where in Phnom Penh is your favourite place for pizza and why?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Where in Phnom Penh is your favourite place for pizza and why?

Post by violet »

I haven't tried Larry's yet but I did try Luigi's. A very big thumbs up from me
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Anyone used pizza 5 recently and would recommend them?
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

mcam wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:12 pm Anyone used pizza 5 recently and would recommend them?
Not since they moved to their new place (should be called pizza $5.5 since they put up the price). I used to sometimes take on their sunday buy 2 get 1 free offer. They are french style (their words) and in a way for five bucks a good deal. They aren't the best in town nor the worst but for the price they are a risk free purchase
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

And the award for the shittiest pizza in town is ..
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 am And the award for the shittiest pizza in town is ..
^I agree. Pink Elephant next door is the best of the 5 in that area, but still is quite mediocre. And all the happy pizza places want around $14 for a large. Poor value. But nice location if you can ignore the street vermin.

Romano's, https://m.facebook.com/romano089882278/about/ which is moving soon, is one of the better low-end pizzas. Old location wasn't comfortable, but they deliver themselves, quickly and efficiently. A large pepperoni is $9, and it's more than double the size of Pizza $5.50.

Still, my favorite pizza in town is Piccola Italia Da Luigi https://m.facebook.com/pages/Piccola-I ... 04572884 , but they only deliver through a separate service which often sucks. Location is bad with all the hipster bars nearby, and the traffic jams on the tiny street 1 meter from your table, but the pizza rocks! Even cheaper than Romano's. Drinks are pricey, but ice water is free.

Larry's is American style (lots of greasy toppings and thicker crust), but smaller in diameter, and at least 50% more expensive than Luigi's or Romano's. Tastes great, but it's only an occasional splurge for us.

My wife and I often go to Pizza Co., but only for their wings. We can't stand their pizza...and my wife is Khmer! She now knows what quality pizza tastes like.

Brooklyn is way too expensive for what you get, and we've had issues with the staff/management every time we went (5-6 times?). Will never go back.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

The last time I ate at Blue Dolphin, whose quality had already been in freefall for a long time, served me a pizza that was oozing so much oil all over the plate, it reminded me of the wreck of the Exxon Valdez. I'd never seen anything like that before or thankfully since.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I have only had pizza from Piccolo once. It was ok. Luigi's was superior with better cooked base and a good balance of toppings.

I haven't been to Blue Dolphin since they 'refurbished', not that I ate pizza there. I'd stopped going 'cos the level of grunge felt worse than at a typical Khmer place where I can pay less
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
siu
Tourist
Hong Kong

Post by siu »

mcam wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:12 pm Anyone used pizza 5 recently and would recommend them?
Yes I did. They moved to a new place near TTP at St 143. I know the chef and and he said the landlord at their old shop increase the rent so they moved out. Ordered a pizza there and it was still the same quality -- one of the best in PP. I know they also supply to some events and hotels. Price is affordable... 5.5$ for a big size so it is worth to try.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

siu wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:26 pm
Yes I did. They moved to a new place near TTP at St 143. I know the chef and and he said the landlord at their old shop increase the rent so they moved out. Ordered a pizza there and it was still the same quality -- one of the best in PP. I know they also supply to some events and hotels. Price is affordable... 5.5$ for a big size so it is worth to try.
Does Pizza 5 still include onions on all pizzas unless you specifically ask not to have onions on the pizza?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's ok a cheap takeaway pizza the pizzas are passable but nothing great. I only ate at their place once, they didn't have any beers but they would go and get you a warm can of Anchor from a nearby stall and charge you $1.75 for it, which sucked.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic