Death or Cambodia? Some refugees prefer the death option

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Death or Cambodia? Some refugees prefer the death optio

Post by taranis »

404 Not Found
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

LOl, good one!
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I like how when foreigners integrate into a new society part of the process is developing prejudices towards other foreigners who want to migrate to the same country. It good to see so many of you have integrated so thoroughly that you see others attempting to do the same thing as wrong.
Scarier than malaria.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I get a visa wherever i go. I also travel with sufficient funds.
These people in most cases routinely destroy their own travel documents.
See the difference?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Massive uncontrolled immigration didn't work out so well for Sweden. The Australian government seems to have the backing of a solid cross section of voters so their country, their rules.

What I find amusing is that these people leave their repressive home countries. Which are predominantly Muslim, and within a few years are clamouring to change their host country into the same thing they left behind.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

ali baba wrote:I like how when foreigners integrate into a new society part of the process is developing prejudices towards other foreigners who want to migrate to the same country. It good to see so many of you have integrated so thoroughly that you see others attempting to do the same thing as wrong.
Legal immigration vs. illegal immigration. What is difficult to understand about that?
starkmonster
Expatriate

Post by starkmonster »

Mother fuckers, don't they know we already stole that country, and we'll be damned if we're going to let anyone else muscle in on selling rocks to China.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Well they had plenty of chances to steal it first. They couldnt take up the option though, as their sailing rigs were not up to the job.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Soi Dog wrote:I think this farce perpetrated by these self-titled "political refugees", who claim to be afraid of being killed by the brutal regimes of their home countries, is being exposed as bullshit. They are clearly economic refugees, who want to live a lifestyle they've seen on TV. If you are so in fear for your life, you don't threaten to kill yourself.
Although it's a thorny issue that's not 100% one-sided, my take on this whole thing from the get-go has been what you've just mentioned. If you fear for your life, you also wouldn't bypass a whole bunch of other countries. You'd just cross to the nearest border/country where your life wouldn't be in jeopardy. The majority are illegal immigrants, plain and simple. Might make a few others think twice before attempting to enter Australia illegally.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I think they should go ahead and send them to Cambodia.

We should place bets on how long it takes them to save up for a plane ticket home.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic