Asia has world's 5 busiest international air routes.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Asia has world's 5 busiest international air routes.

Post by bangkokhooker »

bolueeleh wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:13 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:58 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:31 am airports make more money from duty free than landing charges

not sure about our jewel heathrow though
c’on that third runway!
airport make money from shop rentals, baggage handling, cargo handling, catering and wait for it........... now a days security screening, since 911
no

because thats five different companies.
all airlines have to pay baggage handling fee, gate fee, customer servicing fee etc etc to the airport, if the airport didnt outsource these to another company then it is a very big chunk of the airport revenue, also shop rentals, landing fees is based on per aircraft calculations which varies depending on aircraft size, weight, number of passengers etc, not a lot of money, but gate fee is count by the minutes! when aircraft is late pushing back, airlines are penalised with hefty fees
i thought u were critiquing my post but I see u r just adding to it!

as i said airports make the majority of their profit from duty free sales
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Interesting data but why limit this to international? A quick search produced data that the 10 busiest routes were domestic (and only one was in the USA). The busiest route in the world is Seoul Gimpo to Jeju. Followed by Melbourne-Sydney, then Delhi-Bombay (as most Indians call it).
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

bangkokhooker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:19 am
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:13 pm
bolueeleh wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:58 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:31 am airports make more money from duty free than landing charges

not sure about our jewel heathrow though
c’on that third runway!
airport make money from shop rentals, baggage handling, cargo handling, catering and wait for it........... now a days security screening, since 911
no

because thats five different companies.
all airlines have to pay baggage handling fee, gate fee, customer servicing fee etc etc to the airport, if the airport didnt outsource these to another company then it is a very big chunk of the airport revenue, also shop rentals, landing fees is based on per aircraft calculations which varies depending on aircraft size, weight, number of passengers etc, not a lot of money, but gate fee is count by the minutes! when aircraft is late pushing back, airlines are penalised with hefty fees
i thought u were critiquing my post but I see u r just adding to it!

as i said airports make the majority of their profit from duty free sales
That's not true. Most airport shops/restaurants/duty-frees are outsourced to 3rd party companies. For example King Power runs duty-free shops in Thailand. Airport gets only rental fee and/or small percentage of the sales. Duty free is a huge business but when it comes airport revenues only about 40-50% of their profits come from commercial activities (not just duty free) in most airport around the world. Pretty much half comes from the airlines.

For example here is Helsinki Airport:
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

i am sure they are outsourced and the airport operator makes a hefty commission for doing fuck all.

my original statement still stands
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

airlines pay through their noses for those airport services :beer3: airport are only quick to levy those fees
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic