Agency to organise Australian visa for Cambodian wife

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Agency to organise Australian visa for Cambodian wife

Post by Hotdigr »

G'day all. Long story short. A friend of mine here in Kampot has just been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. He is flying back to Brisbane asap. He has a Cambodian wife and wants to obtain a spouse visa for her to come to Aus asap. He wants to use a 3rd party agency to organise the visa. He has been told a lot of them are shonky. My question is can someone recommend a good one in PP that won't rip him off please?
Cheers in advance for any help you can give.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Agency to organise Australian visa

Post by Arget »

Hi. See attached link.
This is not a quick process and in the current circumstances it may be too late by the time its granted.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/309-
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Maybe look at tourist visa and apply for compassionate spouse visa on arrival?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

An Australian mate tried to take his gf over, first took the do-it-yourself route and failed and then had to do an agent but it was $7k. Does your mate have that sort of money available? It did take four or five months, too. I can ask him, if you want?
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

Carer visa (subclass 116)
This visa is for someone who needs to move to Australia to:

care for a relative in Australia with a long-term or permanent medical condition, or
assist a relative providing care to a member of their family unit with a long-term or permanent medical conditions.
There can be waiting times of up to 5 years for this visa.
Eligibility:
You must be willing to provide, or help provide, care to your relative.

Your relative must:

have been assessed as needing care or have arranged an assessment with a designated health service provider
not be able to get the care they need from another source in Australia
be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Length of stay:
Permanently

What you can do:
You can:

stay in Australia permanently
apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible).

AUD cost from: 1,665
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Hotdigr wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:14 am G'day all. Long story short. A friend of mine here in Kampot has just been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. He is flying back to Brisbane asap. He has a Cambodian wife and wants to obtain a spouse visa for her to come to Aus asap. He wants to use a 3rd party agency to organise the visa. He has been told a lot of them are shonky. My question is can someone recommend a good one in PP that won't rip him off please?
Cheers in advance for any help you can give.
A friend of mine had a couple of DIY attempts at a UK visitor visa and was rejected both times. On the 3rd attempt they used Raz at East West visas. Wasn't cheap but the application was successful.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Thanks for all your help guys.
1/ Money is not the problem, living long enough to get the visa granted is unfortunately.
2/ Contacted 2 Visa places yesterday including East West. Both places told him that since July 1 this year, the Australian govt. won't accept visa applications from 3rd party agents. Apparently to much dodgy shit had been going on over the years. Understandable I s'pose.
3/ Looks like it will have to be an application for a carers visa.
Once again, thanks to you all for your help.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:59 am Thanks for all your help guys.
1/ Money is not the problem, living long enough to get the visa granted is unfortunately.
2/ Contacted 2 Visa places yesterday including East West. Both places told him that since July 1 this year, the Australian govt. won't accept visa applications from 3rd party agents. Apparently to much dodgy shit had been going on over the years. Understandable I s'pose.
3/ Looks like it will have to be an application for a carers visa.
Once again, thanks to you all for your help.
Add a covering letter detailing compassionate grounds and urgency required. If satisfied, they will process visa application with pririty and could be granted in just a couple weeks.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

If they refuse or ask you to follow the tortuous route, newspapers/facebook in Australia. Any decent reporter would love this.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Hotdigr wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:59 am
Will places like East West still prepare the applications and paperwork for you and let you walk it over to the embassy, or have they stopped providing any visa services at all relating to Australia?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic