Agency to organise Australian visa for Cambodian wife

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Agency to organise Australian visa for Cambodian wife

Post by Barang chgout »

Artful Dodger wrote:first time tourist visa is only good for 3 months and can not be extended
Not even on compassionate grounds?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

u can get married on a tourist visa, no?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

bangkokhooker wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:26 pm u can get married on a tourist visa, no?

No problems with anyone getting married in NZ , even 16 year olds from Australia fly to NZ to cut out all the hassles that they have to go through.

Getting a marriage licence if you both live outside NZ

If you’re coming to NZ to get married, you need to organise a marriage licence before you get here.

1. Complete a notice of intended marriage where parties are ordinarily resident outside New Zealand form
2. Don’t sign the declaration.
3. Send it, with your payment, to the registry office closest to where you plan to get married. It costs:

o NZ$240 if you’re getting married at a registry office (including the ceremony), or
o NZ$150 if you’re getting married by a celebrant (the celebrant costs extra – you’ll pay them directly).
4. When you arrive in NZ, visit the office to sign the declaration and pick up your marriage licence.

You can also take your completed form to a commonwealth representative in your country (eg a high commissioner or ambassador) and sign the declaration in front of them before you post it.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9CKtG ... ZXZIL2yNA-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Un Zud may be a secret back door I suspect?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Ok, I promised an update on this when we came to a conclusion. Here it is.
I will start by saying that I was one that used to knock the embassy and question their "role here". I never will again. DFAT, Oz immigration and VFS all pulled together here amazingly to get this problem sorted and sorted it now is. The babies Citizenship by Descent certificate, her passport and the Visa for his wife were all granted within basically 3 days of the paperwork being completed. We are flying out next Wednesday to Brisbane so they can ,unfortunately as such, be with Gary as he dies. But the main thing is they WILL be there with him thanks to the help given by the departments listed above.
I have come to the conclusion that if you are a wastrel, if you get yourself into the shit in a foreign country, you basically have to look after yourself - SAME as you would in Australia. BUT if you have a genuine problem not of your making, these people will bend over backwards to help you. They have nothing but my greatest respect now. DON'T waste your money with any "agent", they are all a bunch of fukn shysters (this came from a good source within the Ozzie govt.) Go straight to VFS for Visa help and DFAT for passport help.Was it a shitfight? - YES, but I reckon that was because of the urgency of this matter ie: trying to get a months worth of work into a weeks worth of time.
Huge thanks and greatest respect to the Ozzie government and VFS visa agency for their help in this matter. Thank you guys, you have made a real difference to some " unimportant" people in this world.
Last edited by Hotdigr on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Hotdigr wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:01 pm DON'T waste your money with any "agent", they are all a bunch of fukn shysters (this came from a good source within the Ozzie govt.) Go straight to VFS for Visa help and DFAT for passport help.Was it a shitfight? - YES, but I reckon that was because of the urgency of this matter ie: trying to get a months worth of work into a weeks worth of time.
Huge thanks and greatest respect to the Ozzie government and VFS visa agency for their help in this matter. Thank you guys, you have made a real difference to some " unimportant" people in this world.
I'm confused.

But glad it got sorted.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

There are now certain things ie: Visa applications that you simply can't go direct to Oz immigration for now days. You MUST go through VFS on the governments , I don't know. "order" isn't the right term, perhaps "advice" is. You can also use a shonky agency, but in reality, the only one the Australian government deals with and recognises is VFS.
Perhaps I should have written " don't waste your time with "just" any agency"!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

What a fantastic result.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

Great result !! What type of Visa was granted?
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Artful Dodger wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:13 am Great result !! What type of Visa was granted?
6 month tourist visa, which will, unfortunately, be long enough to see this out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic