Black English teachers in Cambodia,Yes or No

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Black English teachers in Cambodia,Yes or No

Post by taabarang »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:35 pm here is a clue> OP is a black American.
How did you ferret out that piece of info and do you have additional biographical info? He has definitely raised the level of trolling on this forum.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I am not at liberty to divulge techniques, but yes, i do know exactly who he is.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

frank lee bent wrote:I am not at liberty to divulge techniques, but yes, i do know exactly who he is.
w2no
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by w2no »

Hmm at my workplace is influenced by Indian and Filipino English. ;)
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

What are all those many many black NIgerians all doing here anyway . Do most have jobs and if so for what-teaching english? I never really understood how effective a person teaching english can be if he knows no local language.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

footballers and merchants
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

A friend of mine from Angola tried to look for a job as a kindergarten teacher. Unfortunately she only got part time work and had to go back home.
(to be fair, her English wasn't perfect)

I know a handful of Nigerians here that have an honest job or their own business (the one Hanno mentioned is an awesome guy (RA). Most of them though seem dodgy af.

Once ran into three Nigerians in the supermarket and asked them where they are from. Two said Nigeria so I mentioned 419 (I was a bit intoxicated and I tend to speak allot in that state. I was being friendly though) the third one, when I asked him where he was from said, South Africa. So I asked him if he was doing the American thing, where you pretend to be Canadian. They were not amused 🤣

If you are ever bored on a, Sunday morning I would recommend going to the embassy of Jesus (Nigerian church). Went their once with a friend of mine. Way better than the catholic church. Singing, dancing and African food at the end 🤤. I was the only white guy so it was kinda weird, everyone wanted to talk to me (there were some hotties Image)

Sent from my HUAWEI P9 lite using Tapatalk

shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

zmth wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:22 am What are all those many many black NIgerians all doing here anyway . Do most have jobs and if so for what-teaching english? I never really understood how effective a person teaching english can be if he knows no local language.
You sir, do most definitely have a good point here.

However in terms of actually learning English. .then a person from the British Empire should be the first call, and then related English speaking countries. Please note that Great Britain is a multicultural society.

I'm more against Khmers learning English from tourists who cannot even speak English properly, Tefel or not
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:17 am However in terms of actually learning English. .then a person from the British Empire should be the first call, and then related English speaking countries.
Do you mean the former British Empire?

It's probably better to say that a person from an 'inner circle' country should be the first call, provided they are qualified.

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic