Need help regarding a card game

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Need help regarding a card game

Post by jmagic »

A popular game here is where you try to discard pairs that add up to 10. You win when all your cards have been discarded, and the loser owes you based on the number of red cards they're holding.
bvanfossen
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bvanfossen »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 am I've never been able to understand the rules of play. I think it's Tien Len, but most people just seem to call it "bier" (cards).
Good idea thank you. Just read the rules and it is a different game. I should have added that there is a center pile of cards face down to draw from and when each player discards it's into their own pile that the next player can also draw from. I hope that info help.

I had forgotten in high school assholes and presidents! Probably because those nights lead to heavy intoxication!
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

bvanfossen wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 am I've never been able to understand the rules of play. I think it's Tien Len, but most people just seem to call it "bier" (cards).
Good idea thank you. Just read the rules and it is a different game. I should have added that there is a center pile of cards face down to draw from and when each player discards it's into their own pile that the next player can also draw from. I hope that info help.

I had forgotten in high school assholes and presidents! Probably because those nights lead to heavy intoxication!
(phonetic spelling)

Sounds like they where playing sikou/sikou Thai.

I've seen them play for over 24hrs. Some people are nuts. Lol

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

You need to get combinations of two cards that add up to 10

1+9
2+8
3+7
4+6
5+5
J+J
Q+Q
K+K
A+1

In most games only red cards above 5 are considered points (sometimes all red cards are points) if you have full sets and all in either black or red you get double points (8*2=16 points)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic