Do Not Feed the Sharks

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Do Not Feed the Sharks

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Shark pulls woman overboard in crocodile-infested Australian waters
1 July 2018
SYDNEY – A woman was pulled into crocodile-infested waters in northwestern Australia when a shark bit her finger as she attempted to feed it.

Melissa Brunning said she was on a yacht in the remote Kimberley region, 2,500 kilometers (1,550 miles) north of Perth, when she tried to hand-feed up to four tawny nurse sharks hanging around the back of the boat.

The 2-meter (6.6-foot) creature — which has strong jaws and rows of sharp teeth — sucked at her right index finger “like a hoover” (vacuum cleaner), she told The West Australian late Saturday.

“I think the shark was in shock as much as I was, … The only way I can describe it is this immense pressure, and it felt like it was shredding it off the bone,” the 34-year-old said. “I came up and I was like, ‘I’ve lost my finger, my finger’s gone.’ “

Mobile phone footage of the incident at Dugong Bay in late May, aired by commercial broadcaster Channel Seven on Saturday, showed Brunning screaming as she was dragged into the water before the boat’s crew and friends quickly pulled her out.

She sustained cuts, a fracture, a torn ligament and a bad infection on her finger as a result of the encounter — but miraculously did not lose the digit.

“It’s not the shark’s fault at all, but it could have been a lot worse,” Brunning said, adding that she had learned to “respect marine life, and look at it in awe, but just leave them alone.”

Brunning said she did not realize that she should have left the piece of fish in front of her and watch the shark suck it up, instead of trying to hand-feed it.

“This is not a shark attack, this is just a blonde doing a stupid thing. … When you’re in the water, they’re top of the food chain, it’s their domain. We’re not meant to be in the water. If we were, we’d have gills,” she added.

Apart from sharks, saltwater crocodiles — which can grow up to 7 meters long and weigh more than a ton — are also found at the bay.
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/ ... an-waters/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Do Not Feed the Sharks

Post by Duncan »

“This is not a shark attack, this is just a blonde doing a stupid thing.

We re so lucky that there is are very few blondes, ( and sharks ) in Cambodia.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Duncan wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:11 am “This is not a shark attack, this is just a blonde doing a stupid thing.

We re so lucky that there is are very few blondes, ( and sharks ) in Cambodia.
Yes if a female in OZ gets a finger tip bitten off by a shark its world news.

Where as is a male is eaten whole and it barely makes it out of local media.
samjohns123
Tourist
Hungary

Post by samjohns123 »

Omg...how she could think of feeding the shark as a pet.

Anyway, I`d like to ask about sharks in Cambodia. You said there is a few of them. Could you tell me where exactly they dwell, near which beaches?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

samjohns123 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pm
Anyway, I`d like to ask about sharks in Cambodia. You said there is a few of them. Could you tell me where exactly they dwell, near which beaches?
You won't get sharks near the beaches. They're too scared of the crocodiles.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Fished out! Plenty of sea urchins though.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

In Phnom Penh, Takaeo and Snookyville..................
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

samjohns123 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pm Omg...how she could think of feeding the shark as a pet.

You could start by looking here.
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrWidE ... 8caYNuU_Q-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Yobbo wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:59 pm Fished out! Plenty of sea urchins though.
yum yum sea urchins
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Bit kinky yum yum a sea urchin?????????????
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic