To Get a Passport, Cambodians Asked to Pass Cash

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: To Get a Passport, Cambodians Asked to Pass Cash

Post by phuketrichard »

Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia only valid for 5 years so double the cost

I think $100 for the Cambodian passport is a great deal compared to what it was 5+ years ago!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Indeed, 10 years ago it was $150 plus for a 3-year passport.

Now it's less for a 10 year passport.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Just check the quality of the picture, for instance......
great quality, on a solid plastic bio-page, same as NZ passports.

The quality of the new Cambodian passports is much better than a lot of "Western" countries passports.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

I've got some first hand experience with this.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Kampong Spooner wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:38 pm I've got some first hand experience with this.
Cool
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Don't doubt it. Actually it is easier to do through an agency. Not the ministry direct.

My kid is currently in the process. Can easily be be done with.an agent. Lucky lucky are one the case. Yes, it costs a bit more. Maybe $30 on top. Otherwise, it's a trip or 6 to the ministry. Rather pay for a quick service than do that. Everytime.

It's worth noting that a Cambodian passport is needed for UK application for dependants. So sometimes you gotta suck it up and pay.

Actually, I'm not looking forward to that part.

Possibly it would be easier to go the ministry route. Realistically speaking, it would take time and effort. If all things are considered, the tea money is worth it. Cambodian passports are not too difficult to get, nor that expensive. Khmer and western documents are very useful.

Please let this through. Enough is enough. Not trying to be an arse. I'm just spreading the love. Seen?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kampong Spooner wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:38 pm I've got some first hand experience with this.
find the cover ink wears off very fast on the new passports, nice having lots of pages thou :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

I assume that all the people up in arms about this all get their EOS visas directly from the appropriate ministry and don’t use any agents as fixers.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kampong Spooner wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:16 pm Don't doubt it. Actually it is easier to do through an agency. Not the ministry direct.

My kid is currently in the process. Can easily be be done with.an agent. Lucky lucky are one the case. Yes, it costs a bit more. Maybe $30 on top. Otherwise, it's a trip or 6 to the ministry. Rather pay for a quick service than do that. Everytime.

It's worth noting that a Cambodian passport is needed for UK application for dependants. So sometimes you gotta suck it up and pay.

Actually, I'm not looking forward to that part.

Possibly it would be easier to go the ministry route. Realistically speaking, it would take time and effort. If all things are considered, the tea money is worth it. Cambodian passports are not too difficult to get, nor that expensive. Khmer and western documents are very useful.

Please let this through. Enough is enough. Not trying to be an arse. I'm just spreading the love. Seen?
:? :beer1: ?

It takes one trip to the GDoI Passport office whether you use an agent or not, the photo and fingerprints are taken on site along with an electronic signature.
Agents do exactly the same as the fixers at the passport office, but charge double.

If you don't use an agent, it takes 1 more trip back to collect the PP, or for a few dollars someone will deliver it to your home.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I wish the DoI would start doing EOS onsite.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic