Bar for sale $2200

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
sabay tey
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bar for sale $2200

Post by sabay tey »

Bar is sold. Thank you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sabay tey wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 pm Bar is sold. Thank you.
see how quick bars can sell when the price is reasonable :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Tbh, was not reasonable, was a damn giveaway.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Right, which one of you bought the bar? When's the opening party?
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

that genius wrote:Tbh, was not reasonable, was a damn giveaway.
Maybe. It’s rare to meet a landlord who will change the name of the lease holders on an existing lease. You would need to do that to get the $2,100 deposit back at the end of the lease term.
Usually the landlord says that the lease has been broken and so the deposit is forfeited. A new lease is drawn up, in the new names, with a new deposit.
So I’d be doubtful if this deposit could be transferred. The only sure way is by becoming a sub-tennant on the existing lease but that brings its own problems.
The depreciated value of the items in the bar, the aircons, TVs etc might be worth around $2,000. I had a look last night. Small aircons, small TVs. A few bar stools and used sofas. It needs redecorating.
The location is difficult if you want to run it as a hostess bar. It’s on a dark street with no other bars near it. It would take a long time to build up a good regular clientele, assuming you could get some experienced attractive staff to work there, and that’s a big if.
But best wishes to the new buyer. It’s a tough business environment out there at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

that genius wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:32 pm Tbh, was not reasonable, was a damn giveaway.
With how I see it a commitment of the remainder of the lease/rent worth 14.700 usd.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

jah steu wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:06 pm
that genius wrote:Tbh, was not reasonable, was a damn giveaway.
Maybe. It’s rare to meet a landlord who will change the name of the lease holders on an existing lease. You would need to do that to get the $2,100 deposit back at the end of the lease term.
Usually the landlord says that the lease has been broken and so the deposit is forfeited. A new lease is drawn up, in the new names, with a new deposit.
So I’d be doubtful if this deposit could be transferred. The only sure way is by becoming a sub-tennant on the existing lease but that brings its own problems.
The depreciated value of the items in the bar, the aircons, TVs etc might be worth around $2,000. I had a look last night. Small aircons, small TVs. A few bar stools and used sofas. It needs redecorating.
The location is difficult if you want to run it as a hostess bar. It’s on a dark street with no other bars near it. It would take a long time to build up a good regular clientele, assuming you could get some experienced attractive staff to work there, and that’s a big if.
But best wishes to the new buyer. It’s a tough business environment out there at the moment.

do u always go scope out the competition? :lol:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

sabay tey wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 pm Bar is sold. Thank you.
And thanks for the feedback, sabay tey. Looking forward to hearing from the new owner.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

bolueeleh wrote:
Absolutely! Marketing 101. Find out what they’re doing better or worse than me...
In this case I also wanted to see if it was worth buying and turning into a very discreet but raunchy bar Image
But I thought it needed too much renovating to make it worth while.

Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

jah steu wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:01 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Absolutely! Marketing 101. Find out what they’re doing better or worse than me...
In this case I also wanted to see if it was worth buying and turning into a very discreet but raunchy bar Image
But I thought it needed too much renovating to make it worth while.

a true business man :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic