American Fugitive ROBERT EDWARD SHEARER JR and His Filipino Wife Detained for Disturbance; Arrested for Overstay

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: American ROBERT EDWARD SHEARE JR and His Filipino Wife Detained for Disturbance, Arrested for Overstay

Post by fax »

Take a chill pill bro, buddy ISIS supporter over here can’t slap around public servants just because he doesn’t like them.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: American ROBERT EDWARD SHEARE JR and His Filipino Wife Detained for Disturbance, Arrested for Overstay

Post by Cam Nivag »

that genius wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 am I hear anger about the stupidity and aggression of cops from almost every American I meet.
The Americans you meet in Cambodia will generally be anti-cop, pro-drugs, fugitive criminal types. They're angry at the world and have no good job prospects in America. That's why they are in Cambodia, teaching English or hanging out on Street 172.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I don't see that many on 172................

Most I know work here, are normal people. There is shit of every nationality here but more good than bad.
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:59 am

"While Mr. Shearer was in custody he was making remarks about Al Qaeda and his daughter being held hostage in the Philippines."

:wtf:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: American Fugitive ROBERT EDWARD SHEARER JR and His Filipino Wife Detained for Disturbance; Arrested for Overstay

Post by newkidontheblock »

If all these wallflowers are so scared of the police then the solution is simple. Don’t call the cops when bad things happen. Ask the store owners, club owners, etc, to not have security when the alcohol is flowing or after dark or in bad neighborhoods.

Cops go because people in need call them. Their highest priority is to return alive after their shift is over. Sadly, many don’t.
Ever see the training videos? An officer gets about 2 seconds to decide if someone is about to shoot them, about 3 seconds if someone is about to stab them. Maybe if all the criminals pledge to obey the police, not threaten them, assault them, kill them, then the cops wouldn’t have to be so proactive.

Last time I was stopped by the police for going over the limit. Calmly followed all his requests. He told me if I don’t show my sidearm he would n’t need to show his. Let me go with a verbal warning.

So Khmer cops are better than western cops? Because they allowed themselves to be beaten up by some crazed motorist? The same crazed motorist who probably had ruined the day for other folks before the fuzz stopped him?

Sorry if you feel asking someone to go out to risk their lives day in and day out to have a better world isn’t heroic. I guess someone dying for the sake of their fellow man isn’t heroic enough for you. Oh, that’s right. Because they are paid, they can’t be heroes. Because their life is only worth a paycheck.
that genius wrote:I hear anger about the stupidity and aggression of cops from almost every American I meet. Hollywood likes to portray them as wonderful, smart people who always get their man but respect the law. In reality, one doesn't become a cop if one is smart, it's an even worse alternative than signing up for the military. They also don't get much training, or even worse, the get trained by psychopathic abusers of human rights. So don't be surprised that they do crazy stuff.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jo ... -training/
https://blog.amnestyusa.org/middle-east ... or-israel/

Khmer cops, by contrast, are remarkably restrained, I've seen people get away with stuff they would get shot for back home. I recall one video from years ago of some Khmer guy with long hair getting stopped on a moto by three cops, he went ballistic and was punching all of them, he would have been shot chop chop elsewhere.

Why are cops portrayed as ' heroes'? They are only ' heroes' when they do something heroic. Being a cop/fireman does not make one a hero by default. They get paid to do it. It's their job. A librarian isn't hero/heroine until they do something extraordinary to justify the tag. The attempt by media and govt to portray police, military and emergency staff as heroes by default is simplistic propaganda, which, sadly, many in the US have fallen for...and elsewhere, too.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: American Fugitive ROBERT EDWARD SHEARER JR and His Filipino Wife Detained for Disturbance; Arrested for Overstay

Post by Cam Nivag »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:36 am
Sorry if you feel asking someone to go out to risk their lives day in and day out to have a better world isn’t heroic. I guess someone dying for the sake of their fellow man isn’t heroic enough for you.
The idea that police work is really dangerous and that they are risking their lives every day is mostly nonsense.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/blake-fl ... 73798.html
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:57 am
that genius wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:39 am I hear anger about the stupidity and aggression of cops from almost every American I meet.
The Americans you meet in Cambodia will generally be anti-cop, pro-drugs, fugitive criminal types. They're angry at the world and have no good job prospects in America. That's why they are in Cambodia, teaching English or hanging out on Street 172.
If I'm not mistaken, you often frequent 172 yourself, when you're not snapping shirtless foreigners on the riverside, now there's the hallmark of a quality expat.

Not everyone who dislikes human rights abusers is pro-drug, or a fugitive. That's the propaganda some dim-witted aggressive redneck who joined the force because he couldn't get any other job. The govt would like us to believe that line so that they can let murderers in uniform get off the hook.

Plenty of decent people have been treated like dirt by pigs, in America
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:11 am

The idea that police work is really dangerous and that they are risking their lives every day is mostly nonsense.

Being a drug dealer is far more dangerous.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:36 am So Khmer cops are better than western cops? Because they allowed themselves to be beaten up by some crazed motorist? The same crazed motorist who probably had ruined the day for other folks before the fuzz stopped him?
LOL. They didn't get beaten up, he did. One or two of them got hit. My point is that they take way more crap than western cops before they get aggressive. Open your eyes.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:36 am If all these wallflowers are so scared of the police then the solution is simple. Don’t call the cops when bad things happen.
Silly. Just incredibly silly. Sorry, trying to be nicer to people lately, but seriously?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic