Urgent! 5 Lovable Kittens Looking for Good Home!

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Larmo Yant
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Urgent! 5 Lovable Kittens Looking for Good Home!

Post by Larmo Yant »

:please:
Help me place them!
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

in the low season there are so many rescued cats and dogs for sale or looking for “forever homes”

they are not helping the situation from saving the cats for six months at all
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Hi kittens!

Congratulations on finding your new forever home where you can all stay together! I'm sure Ethel will take good care of you.

All the best.

Uncle Stroppy
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
TheSiemReaper
Expatriate
Haiti

Post by TheSiemReaper »

on a serious note: this is the wrong place for this, try the various facebook groups. Also I'd recommend to splash some cash and get them to the vet for at least vaccinations, worm pills ( and maybe also spay and neutering if you want to invest that much). This will make it more likely that someone will take them in.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

I guess I could take 3. Maybe I could learn to use 4 or more, but not yet. Let me think about it.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

TheSiemReaper wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:40 pm on a serious note: this is the wrong place for this, try the various facebook groups. Also I'd recommend to splash some cash and get them to the vet for at least vaccinations, worm pills ( and maybe also spay and neutering if you want to invest that much). This will make it more likely that someone will take them in.
I second this. They're too young to get desexed, and you've already given them some shots.

PPAWS does free desexing on Mondays, just need to book first, but they need to be at least 3 or 4 months old. But yeah, put them on Phnom Penh Expats FB group, they are very cute.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Larmo Yant
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Larmo Yant »

They are vaccinated and have vaccination certificates. On recommendation of the vet, the three girls have a spraying appointment this Wednesday. I have a job-related travel all next week will be leaving Cambodia end of the month. Therefore, I am a bit desperate to place them.

The background (the same old repeating story...): We had a rat problem in our house. My neighbours got 2 teenage-aged cats from the pagoda, a girl and her brother. However, they don't take care of them. Worse, they refuse to spray her even if I'd take care of everything ("it's not natural"). After a few weeks, the girl got pregnant. All babies from her first litter died because she was overwhelmed by the situation. She soon got pregnant again. I got weak when the highly pregnant mother cat begged at my door to have her babies at my place... I let her in. It has been such a joy to see them grow up. However, now I pay the price of having to place these 5 kiddies. The neighbours will bring them to the pagoda unless someone takes them. As they have grown up in a very "protected" environment at my place I fear that they won't make it long at the pagoda, having to compete with "real" cats. They are such fun and nice cats, it would be a pity to let them "go to the dogs"...
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

Firstly, thank you for being a kind person and giving these kittens a great start!

I can't take any kittens but was in a very similar situation only a month ago. I'm not currently in Cambodia (next door) but trying to move kittens to expats is a difficult task due to expats transitory nature.

I was able to get a local pet food shop to place an ad on their facebook page and was able to move 5 kittens in a week to locals. Maybe you can try that? There are a few pet shops in Phnom Penh. Also, contact PAWS, mabye they can find some foster parents..

Also, you know you need to get the mother spayed. Just do it and ignore the neighbors otherwise you'll be going through this every couple of months. Plus, how can anyone handle a cat in heat...

Good luck!
Larmo Yant
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Larmo Yant »

Thanks a lot for your kind advice and the good ideas.

Of course I have been thinking about having the mother cat sprayed, just ignoring the neighbors. I will not do this as it is a really major infringement to someone’s property. They see such a surgery as a physical alteration that is against heavenly will. Creatures, in their perspective, are meant to reproduce. They will probably even send the cat away if I do this because they may perceive her as "bad luck" if she is sprayed.

I have tried and will continue to try different means of convincing them (i.e. have the vet call them to explain it again in Khmer).
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Oh Christ, when you moved here and you saw Naga, you didn't realise you were moving to NSCN Nagaland, did you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic