A Foreigner Smashes into Motorbike with his Mercedes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Foreigner Smashes into Motorbike with his Mercedes

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: In the early hours of June 27 at around 2:50 am, a foreign man driving a Mercedes crashed into a motorbike, causing two men to be slightly injured.

Eventually, after the incident, which occurred in Sangkat Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, the foreign man paid $ 60 to the victims as compensation to end the argument.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: A Foreigner Smashes into Motorbike with his Mercedes

Post by angkorjohn »

Pretty sure that is the guy who used to own Splash Inn, big German guy and I mean big, about 350lbs of blubber.

Always remember a funny story not sure if true, but the guy used to swim there (well, float) and used to inject insulin. The owners of Splash told him he couldnt do it and had to leave or something and instead he bought the hotel!

Interesting character walks around in specially made silk style clothes as he is so big looks like a goddam oversized Aladin :lol:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Not the Belgian guy? who owned La Patate or his successor?
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

that genius wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:15 pm Not the Belgian guy? who owned La Patate or his successor?
No German nothing to do with La Patate. this guy makes Didier look svelte
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

angkorjohn wrote:Pretty sure that is the guy who used to own Splash Inn, big German guy and I mean big, about 350lbs of blubber.

Always remember a funny story not sure if true, but the guy used to swim there (well, float) and used to inject insulin. The owners of Splash told him he couldnt do it and had to leave or something and instead he bought the hotel!

Interesting character walks around in specially made silk style clothes as he is so big looks like a goddam oversized Aladin :lol:
He never owned it as far as I know.

The insulin story is true. I was there that day. He used to slob in the pool and eat as well.

The guy was a pig.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I remember seeing a disgustingly fat guy in the pool at Splash Inn, he just sat in the water by the side, didn't do much moving about.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

This tub of guts is usually drunk as fuck and passed out in pontoon

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I feel better after reading this.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

John Bingham wrote:I remember seeing a disgustingly fat guy in the pool at Splash Inn, he just sat in the water by the side, didn't do much moving about.
Same guy.

We had to leave whenever he came down from his room. For some reason my kids were terrified of him. Didn’t want to go anywhere near the pool when he was in there
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

Just wanna make sure I got the rules right on this forum. It's okay to trash a random guy here, post his picture, and call him fat, huge, lard ass, etc. But overweight women who post on this forum cannot be referred to as "large" even as they personally attack other posters. Is that correct? Thx
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic