Wills

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Wills

Post by jah steu »

You can have multiple wills. Having one for each country you have assets in will make it easier for the various executors to get probate. Just make sure each will states that it covers only assets for that particular country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I need to make a will in Cambodia so the money in Cambodia banks can be passed on to my Australian kids how do I do it
Also read if I die in Cambodia my body needs to be relocating to Australia if this is true how can I get this changed
,I'd prefer to be cremated and let the kids decide what to do with the Ashes
PS Australia wills only cover assets in Australia
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I'm not planning on dieing anytime soon but do worry when flying and when in pp spend bit of time in St 172
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
The Whisperer
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by The Whisperer »

violet wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 pm Does a person in Cambodia need to have a will in Cambodia?

If a person dies in Cambodia, but holds passport from another country, do they need a will in that other country?

What about if they are between countries, having moved around a lot, but die in Cambodia.... What should they be doing about a will?
Where should the original copy reside? Can they choose to have it reside in a country that is not where they hold a passport and is not Cambodia?

Does any of that make sense? (Edited for typo)
Violet, you need to set up a will in any country that you live in or at least an official letter, this is to simplify the distribution of your asset's in that country if you pass away. Obviously if you move to another country you can make the will null and void.
You do need to set up a Will in your home country and state on it that it supersedes any previous Wills, i.e Your last Will and Testament. Try to keep this one updated.
Apart from lodging the paperwork with a local lawyer, I would recommend that originals are placed with your solicitor/lawyer in your home country.
Good luck
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

How to make a Will in Cambodia that is legal
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:11 pm How to make a Will in Cambodia that is legal
https://www.b2b-cambodia.com/articles/g ... -cambodia/
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Thank trust a kiwi to always deliver the goods
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Went and seen Wes Hib yesterday very nice guy explaining all details about Wills quoted $1000 to make will for me , only assists I have in Cambodia is $$ in bank's
Just need to provide birth cert , passport of people who you intend to leave your assets to and off course your list of assists
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

$1,000 for what?

I made a will here in Thailand, cost zip, and its fully legal.
only assets are $$ in bank and personal property.. land and house already in gf name

One original is signed, witnessed and in my safe in Thailand, other duplicate original is with my EXECUTOR, ( my sister) in the states
Last edited by phuketrichard on Thu May 09, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:30 pm $1,000 for what?

I made a will here in Thailand, cost zip, and its fully legal.
only assets are $$ in bank and personal property.. land and house already in gf name
$1000 to make legal will in Cambodia read link provided by Kiwi
This isn't Thailand apparently
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic