Random experience in a girls bar

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Random experience in a girls bar

Post by fax »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:21 pm Being a walking ATM machine isn’t my thing.
Didn't you marry and buy a house for a girl half your age shortly after meeting her on Badoo?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:38 pm tbh most of the girls i often drink with are girls that dont go
Indeed, they are often the younger, cuter ones and can be a lot of fun regardless.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

fax wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:57 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:21 pm Being a walking ATM machine isn’t my thing.
Didn't you marry and buy a house for a girl half your age shortly after meeting her on Badoo?
also cant forget having to buy her these... general-chatter/topic7743.html?hilit=mo ... ter%20pill
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:05 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:38 pm tbh most of the girls i often drink with are girls that dont go
Indeed, they are often the younger, cuter ones and can be a lot of fun regardless.
:thumb:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

bolueeleh wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:07 pm
haha when im in Thailand on the other hand... :plus1:
KevinT
Tourist
Germany

Post by KevinT »

1. I don't have her in FB.
2. GF travels often. We are not marrying
3. I don´t blame PP.

So many comments. Yes, I made some unfortunate comments like "king of Persia" :D I am not Shakespeare, and English not my first language. Just wanted make the post a bit enjoyable but maybe didn´t work :D.

The reason of my post is not either she likes me or not. Of course she sees me like just a customer. My point is why I felt such way with such person, I was not expecting that. I have met other girls, and communication was not great (though could still be fun) basically for lack of common language, meaning me not speaking Khmer, just basic funny stuff. With her instead we can communicate, we can talk about anything, in a relaxed way. She shows me pictures of her life, she tells me about her (prof and personally) and she is interested about me, and asks about what doesn´t understand, not the usual "yeh yeh". And on top of that she is beatiful. Of course, all this doesn´t come for free, neither I have tried. We could summarize it in saying she is a professional? Maybe. I still think she is a butterfly, but anyway, I like her, I felt a connection that didn´t exist with other people. I am afraid she has kind of a barang BF, or at least she is trying. That is fine, don't care. This goes about me. Anyway, my first plan is to stop this completely, but it already affected me in some way, like missing her sometimes. Yeah, call me stupid. In any case, some people here sound like "been there done that". And very probably girls (and some guys) reading me may not like visiting bars, and such (now they might say "it´s ur life we don't care", you can save it :D).

All this situation has made me observer "the other" Cambodians. Those working in BROWNs, STARBUCKS, restaurants for a shitty salary (...yes, all Cambodians have 2 SUVs ya know, be sure of that, c'mon, u barang saying that) and some of the girls are really beatiful. I'm not saying they are heroes for not going into the night scene, but this makes them more lovely, dedicating part of their low salary to their families and few for fun. I mean that after seeing the dark "easy money" side, I can´t help but having infinite RESTECPA to them (both genres), and moreover most of them always having a smile in their faces.
Cheers
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

Just finished a great book about a Thai bar girl and a besotted Farang
set around Nana Plaza

Private Dancer-Stephen Leather

https://www.bookdepository.com/Private- ... gLwf_D_BwE
Even the ugly ones
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

that has been required reading for many years
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

bucknaked wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:07 am Just finished a great book about a Thai bar girl and a besotted Farang
set around Nana Plaza

Private Dancer-Stephen Leather

https://www.bookdepository.com/Private- ... gLwf_D_BwE
I had a friend that was dating a Thai girl he met in a bar. A few of us told him to read this book if for nothing more than a heads up. He refused. I guess he was afraid of it matching up with his relationship.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic