Random experience in a girls bar

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Random experience in a girls bar

Post by John Bingham »

Unless it was some kind of emergency if anyone called me at 3AM I'd tell them to fuck off and block them. If they came to my house I'd call the police. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Felgerkarb wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:46 pm
Kayve wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:35 pm Please tell us which bar :evil:
Jamie and or GM have likely already bopped her.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Stopped by Ostar ? Bar day before yesterday during the soccer match (being television there). Saw plenty of girls in the bars with the desperate for work look. Some of those poor souls look liked they could swallow a cow. One guy was playing pool and being swarmed. Being a walking ATM machine isn’t my thing. Good luck to the OP.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

I muse at girly bars... Dropped into Butterfly Bar in PP a few months ago to meet an associate there ( I don't generally go to girly bars). While awaiting his arrival, was swamped with girls who spoke as if I was the Adonis who just walked in with some God given ability to satisfy their cravings (or their purses). On explaining my purpose being there and not looking for a lady, they retreated rapidly to be nose down on their smart phones, awaiting the next potential punter.
They remind me of the dime-store kiddie rides outside supermarkets. Sit quiet until you drop the coin and then they buck around until the timer runs out.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:18 pm
jah steu wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Brody wrote:
oofah, is that really the kind of freebee a guy would want though?

...3am... after what, 2 possibly 3 short-time sessions were run through her? That's some serious porridge stirring. :bad:
I think you’re overestimating the sexual activities of most working girls, especially hostesses during quiet season. 75-90% of them don’t go out with a guy in any given night.
Usually the girls making the 3am calls are the ones that didn’t score, and they want a nice hot shower and a kip in a good bed.
Gotta wonder about this sometimes coz often I find the girls will hurry you with their 'çheers' which suggests their prime motivation is to score a lot of lady drinks rather than a barfine.
Are you saying that the girls that work at these bars would rather get drinks and money than sleep with a guy they have no interest in and in many cases probably find repulsive. I am not sure I can get my head around that :facepalm:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pmAre you saying that the girls that work at these bars would rather get drinks and money than sleep with a guy they have no interest in and in many cases probably find repulsive. I am not sure I can get my head around that :facepalm:
In most cases they don't want to get their head around it either.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:50 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:18 pm
jah steu wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Brody wrote:
oofah, is that really the kind of freebee a guy would want though?

...3am... after what, 2 possibly 3 short-time sessions were run through her? That's some serious porridge stirring. :bad:
I think you’re overestimating the sexual activities of most working girls, especially hostesses during quiet season. 75-90% of them don’t go out with a guy in any given night.
Usually the girls making the 3am calls are the ones that didn’t score, and they want a nice hot shower and a kip in a good bed.
Gotta wonder about this sometimes coz often I find the girls will hurry you with their 'çheers' which suggests their prime motivation is to score a lot of lady drinks rather than a barfine.
Are you saying that the girls that work at these bars would rather get drinks and money than sleep with a guy they have no interest in and in many cases probably find repulsive. I am not sure I can get my head around that :facepalm:
No, I'm saying some of the girls just don't barfine..period.. regardless of how young/hansum/rich the guy is. You obviously didn't see/read my later post:

'Adding to my earlier post, this is not really surprising when you factor in the 'drink only' working girls. So despite the quoted 75-90% of girls not going out with a guy on any given night, a % of those won't go out on any night regardless of any season.

From my experience and talking to a number of expats, the st 130 fun time conglomerate has it's fair share (and then some) of 'drink only' girls.'
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Random experience in a girls bar

Post by jah steu »

clutchcargo wrote: No, I'm saying some of the girls just don't barfine..period.. regardless of how young/hansum/rich the guy is. You obviously didn't see/read my later post:

'Adding to my earlier post, this is not really surprising when you factor in the 'drink only' working girls. So despite the quoted 75-90% of girls not going out with a guy on any given night, a % of those won't go out on any night regardless of any season.

From my experience and talking to a number of expats, the st 130 fun time conglomerate has it's fair share (and then some) of 'drink only' girls.'
I just did a quick check last night of my four bars...
First: 19 of 24 girls can go out. 79%
Second: 21 of 28 can go out. 75%
Third: 14 of 19 can go out. 74%
Fourth: 16 of 23 can go out. 70%
Some of the ones that won’t go out, will go out to eat or bar crawl or dance with customers.
Saying the girls can go out isn’t saying they WILL go out. As mentioned before some of them are more selective depending on whether they like the customer or not, whether he’s drunk, or whether they think he’s too well endowed!
And of course for about four days every month they can’t go out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^^^^^^
Appreciate your candidness in providing real time stats Jah Steu..so, a range of 21-30% don't go based on that time point. I had in mind up to 30% but didn't have the hard data ;-) Of course not all customers necessarily want to barfine but in any event, good to know. thanks
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

tbh most of the girls i often drink with are girls that dont go
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic