Irishman Tomas Beecher Hit and Killed by Range Rover

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Irishman Tomas Beecher Hit and Killed by Range Rover

Post by General Mackevili »

I know this might come as a shock, but the driver didn't show up for court. I'm sure the police are very concerned about this case and are doing everything they can to bring her to justice, but unfortunately their hands are tied, as they haven't received an arrest warrant yet.

[/sarcasm]

A 20-year-old woman suspected of being the driver of a Range Rover that hit and killed an Irishman in Phnom Penh, and fled the scene on September 28 failed to show up at the Phnom Penh Municipal Court on Thursday after being summoned for questioning, according to court officials.

Deputy municipal prosecutor Meas Chanpiseth issued a summons earlier this month for Sila Ratanak, 20—who police believe was driving the vehicle that struck Tomas Beecher, 30, as he was walking his bicycle across Monivong Boulevard—to appear at the court for questioning Thursday.

“I have not seen [the suspect] come yet,” Mr. Chanpiseth said at about 2 p.m. Thursday.

Lach Bopha, a court clerk, confirmed after the court closed that Ms. Ratanak did not show.

“[The court] has sent the summons [to the suspect] already but she has not come,” he said.

Mr. Chanpiseth said after issuing the summons that if Ms. Ratanak, the daughter of Royal Cambodian Armed Forces Major Hou Sila, failed to heed the summons, the investigating judge in the case could issue an arrest warrant.

He declined to comment Thursday on what the court’s next move would be. “I am managing it,” Mr. Chanpiseth said.

Despite vowing to arrest the driver of the Range Rover in the days following the hit and run, police have failed to track down Ms. Ratanak and now say they are waiting for the court to issue a warrant before making an arrest.

Seng Chanthon, deputy chief of the municipal traffic police’s traffic offense section, said that police did not currently know the whereabouts of Ms. Ratanak.

“We know who.....

...click link to continue reading...

http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/hit-a ... own-70147/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I really HOPE that bitch will not get away like the bitch who ran over 7 people including children near the Independence Monument last year. Fuck the elite Khmer bitches, not just in PP, in SR too!
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

They get away with these sort of shits all the time on poor countrymen. I hope the Irish shows some balls and bring them to justice. Locked, slammed and throw away the keys!
taranis
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by taranis »

404 Not Found
Last edited by taranis on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
God Forgives. I don't!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^ Yes. I remember the story and I remember Nary.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
VLayHo-ho-ho
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by VLayHo-ho-ho »

taranis wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:Still no arrests. Shocking.
I am not sure if you remember the British guy in Phnom Penh who the police wanted in connection with the death of Nary: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Penh.html

He was staying on Street 178 near the Walkabout, only a few blocks from the murder scene on Street 154, the police never looked for him, the police never took a photo of him around the guest houses or bars to see if any one had seen him, the police did nothing, Stuart Green was in fact walking around and living free for at least 10 days after the attack.

It was not until he was discovered dead in his room that the police found him, the Cambodian police are useless.
This is off topic, but they looked for Stuart Green and believed him to have committed suicide not long after the incident.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2014/01/ ... ad-in.html
There was no sarcasm or malice intended during the making of this post.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Any update on this? Or will it be just another case of 'unsolved mystery'.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Perhaps she's shacked up with a former governor? He's obviously got a good hiding spot.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

It is a good thing that at least it is covered in the press -- I bet her corrupted dad's friends arent impress with the publicity either. She will walk. But do remember that it might happen to you and me one day. Better to stop this shit now. I'll give an example that happened 3 weeks ago, a drunken punk driving his daddy Landrcrusiser intoxicated when exited Hip Hop club, ran over a can collector lady at 3 am-- a wade of cash was passed to the witnesses and cops. Done, finished!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

StroppyChops wrote:I'll bet that goes away quietly.
StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:Sila Ratanak...
Say no more.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic