Anyone want some farmland for free

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Anyone want some farmland for free

Post by pczz »

Yes it looks like a con but it isn't. My landlord bought 50 hectares off road 444 near Chbar Mon 2 years ago to plant mango. he has done 20 hectares and is working on the rest but he hasn't got the money to do it also its bit by bit. In the meantime he needs to keep the vegetation down. Its all recently cleared forest so it grows back at alarming speed.
The deal is you can use it for 4 years while he waits for the first mango crop for free in return for which you have to mow the lawn. I have some people wanting to use a few hectares for a motocross track. Anything considered so long as its legal (no, you cannot use it for growing herbs!).
Would be good for goats or experimental crops or maybe honey. Land is virgin so not polluted with chemicals yet. It has a well, a pond, a brick house that sleeps up to 20 in a dorm and a private room (staff quarters for the future mango workers). There is solar and a generator.
The land is clay with sandstone and quartzite deposits. loads of grass, small sapling respouting and some sort of heathery type plant which is used for medicine apparently. Included 2 small, heavily wooded hills which can be used for constructional timber. About 2 kilometers from the main road which is 44 half way between chabar mon and aurai mountain ( a tourist site). Currently has one person looking after it.
Used to be a hunting area. This land has loads of wild rabbits, the occasional deer and pig but most ofthem have been killed off. Also has a decent swift population if you are into birds nest production.
If you are interested and want to have a look please pm me. He goes out there at least once a week. One and a half to 2 hour trip in a car (70km)ImageImageImage
violet
Expatriate

Re: Anyone want some farmland for free

Post by violet »

The dude should be given some money for the use of his land!
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

violet wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:08 am The dude should be given some money for the use of his land!
I think the return for the owner is not having to clear the land again in 4 years, by which point it will have almost returned to jungle if left unsupervised.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Seems like a nice idea for someone.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

StroppyChops wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 am
violet wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:08 am The dude should be given some money for the use of his land!
I think the return for the owner is not having to clear the land again in 4 years, by which point it will have almost returned to jungle if left unsupervised.
Ok. I see there would be costs involved there. I would hope that if anyone makes money from the land, they would consider a small offering to the owner. But I'm a good manners person rather than a cut throat business person.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

violet wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:41 am
StroppyChops wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 am
Ok. I see there would be costs involved there. I would hope that if anyone makes money from the land, they would consider a small offering to the owner. But I'm a good manners person rather than a cut throat business person.
The squatter could also be growing the mango seedlings for the landlord's next extension.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

Off topic how much he bough the land for?? Looks like very nice peaceful place.
DrDisFunkShunAll
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrDisFunkShunAll »

Sounds like a good caretaker is needed.

What's it like living there, besides overgrown nature and natural quietude?

I mean, how much ruggedness do you need?

What's the climate like?

And access to reliable electricity, reliable Internet, and clean running water?

I.e., how much further investment is required to develop the land to the point of comfort for four years?
Yes, the Doctor is IN — Doctor DisFunkShunAll!

:fool: :good: =@ :P
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

Why he doesnt put caws???
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

kocdim wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:07 pm Why he doesnt put caws???
That took me a moment. Because cows need a lot of attention and care. Good idea, though.

Maybe he doesn't have money for cows.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic