Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Aeon mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by rozzieoz »

hanno wrote:
I was approached by two drunken young black men. , one with white residue around his nose
No worries, that was just pap or Ugali.
Oh man I miss a good pap en wors.
Damn you, damn you to hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:23 pm
hanno wrote:
I was approached by two drunken young black men. , one with white residue around his nose
No worries, that was just pap or Ugali.
Oh man I miss a good pap en wors.
Damn you, damn you to hell!

Wors!!!! I think the one big downside of living in SE Asia is that you can't get decent sausages; at least not since the German butcher left Temple Town.
DrDisFunkShunAll
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrDisFunkShunAll »

You could get hassled by jealous young men for your interest, or you could get a --really nice-- digital SLR and shoot women and families for a cute-rate price ... Maybe get invited to a wedding or two ...

I actually know a couple pro photographers, I wonder if that pro move saved their lives, haha ...

They seem pretty happy.
Yes, the Doctor is IN — Doctor DisFunkShunAll!

:fool: :good: =@ :P
stuart.hermann
Tourist

Post by stuart.hermann »

shnoukieBRO wrote:
If it's any consolation I explained what happened to me to my friends and they were saddened to hear what happened and both shocked and appalled at the way it was dealt with.
You only have two friends

whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Thanks for this post. Made my day, very funny the replies.

Think I would also find it weird if I would see an old guy taking random pictures of underage girls (or close to underage, you have to admit you had no idea how old they were) in a mall. But then again, many professional photographers take pictures of children in unusual settings also so what's the difference? Only know one side of the story but hearing you, the behaviour of these 2 thugs was definitely out of line as well.
just noise, white noise
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:35 pm True.

To be fair I really don't care anymore what they think. Continuing to post has if anything showed me the decent posters and shit stirrers who have nothing better to do.

PR told me it was pointless to carry on anyway because there is nothing wrong with taking general photos . I agree.

Those that think it's wrong or creepy therefore have reasoning issues. I don't wish to lower myself to the level of such judgemental persons .

Thank you. That will be all.
I love how everyone who agrees with the OP and thinks the black guys were out of line is a "decent poster" (i.e. top bloke) and everyone who thinks the OP's photographing of girls was a bit odd is a a shit stirrer and troll.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

whiteribbon wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm Thanks for this post. Made my day, very funny the replies.

Think I would also find it weird if I would see an old guy taking random pictures of underage girls (or close to underage, you have to admit you had no idea how old they were) in a mall. But then again, many professional photographers take pictures of children in unusual settings also so what's the difference? Only know one side of the story but hearing you, the behaviour of these 2 thugs was definitely out of line as well.
here; i'll out myself
been taking photos of kids for decades, they and old people are my favorite subjects

http://phuket.zenfolio.com/p66688414

on my taking photos of kids;

I have a deep respect and love for these tiny humans. In them, I see innocence and the precious possibilities of each life unfolding. In my images, I hope to convey a measure of the beauty that exists in all children.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

negroes maybe are automatically suss- eh jimmy crow?
not here in texas
them dark gals be running the joint by fear
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

If you look at the history of barangs in KoW you would understand why these black dudes are acting this way.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

dont push your luck trapper
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic