Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Aeon Mall 2 in Phnom Penh: Thug experience

Post by angkorjohn »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Jenny Tailwarts wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 am So I trawled through this great waffling shite and then remembered - I am certain I saw this creepy prick when I was there this weekend; the time stamps fit the time I was there enough to sign up and post.

So, assuming you are a 50 something white male, with Grey (to White) hair wearing IIRC a Blue/Grey T-Shirt, waist high elasticated Jeans (maybe cargo pants) with a black rucksack across both shoulders, and a large SLR Camera across your gut you gave me concern at around 4.30pm when you were taking photos of a young Khmer woman and her baby while they were sat on the floor outside the Segafredo Coffee shop that I mentioned you to my wife.

Now, while you are happy to cast aspersions as to "two drunken young black men. , one with white residue around his nose" I am happy to concur with their judgement that you did indeed look like "an old and sick pervert" and maybe you doth protest too much.
Well you're a fool to assume I even have hair or wear trousers. How foolish to fall for stereotypes as well. I always judge a person according to their character not their clothes.
That is an odd response SB. Someone is saying they saw some guy doing what they felt was kinda concerning actions with a camera. They gave a pretty detailed description an you retort they are a fool to assume you have trousers or hair (hopefully you had something on your bottom half).

Now they ain't assuming anything they said some older guy who looked as they described was acting in a way that made them uncomfortable at roughly the same time you were there.

Now if that wasn;t me I'd have said "sorry that wasn't me, I have no hair I wasn't wearing any trousers and do not have a black rucksack and my camera is actually a little point an click" or whatever.

The fact that you don't say this and then say people should be judged not by their clothes - I think they were judging the person in question by their actions, clothes were just to check if it was you. SO was that you?

Seems your story flips around a bit which happens, you wrote it as soon as you got home and were clearly upset by the actions of the two guys people miss details and not always easy to convey everything in writing as it happened when you got CSI-CEO all over your story.

However, the fact that someone has said they also saw someone and gave a clear description. Was it you?

you can take a karma off me if you like as well so long as you answer the question properly and not like a politician.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm :color What is this? Battle of the Iron Mall??.

The photo subjects actually made an effort to pose for a photo which was made on a crappy phone camera........Read the freaking posts correctly.....

:snorting: :voilent1: :sign17: :tard:
Come on, show us the photo.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

angkorjohn wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:47 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Jenny Tailwarts wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 am So I trawled through this great waffling shite and then remembered - I am certain I saw this creepy prick when I was there this weekend; the time stamps fit the time I was there enough to sign up and post.

So, assuming you are a 50 something white male, with Grey (to White) hair wearing IIRC a Blue/Grey T-Shirt, waist high elasticated Jeans (maybe cargo pants) with a black rucksack across both shoulders, and a large SLR Camera across your gut you gave me concern at around 4.30pm when you were taking photos of a young Khmer woman and her baby while they were sat on the floor outside the Segafredo Coffee shop that I mentioned you to my wife.

Now, while you are happy to cast aspersions as to "two drunken young black men. , one with white residue around his nose" I am happy to concur with their judgement that you did indeed look like "an old and sick pervert" and maybe you doth protest too much.
Well you're a fool to assume I even have hair or wear trousers. How foolish to fall for stereotypes as well. I always judge a person according to their character not their clothes.
That is an odd response SB. Someone is saying they saw some guy doing what they felt was kinda concerning actions with a camera. They gave a pretty detailed description an you retort they are a fool to assume you have trousers or hair (hopefully you had something on your bottom half).

Now they ain't assuming anything they said some older guy who looked as they described was acting in a way that made them uncomfortable at roughly the same time you were there.

Now if that wasn;t me I'd have said "sorry that wasn't me, I have no hair I wasn't wearing any trousers and do not have a black rucksack and my camera is actually a little point an click" or whatever.

The fact that you don't say this and then say people should be judged not by their clothes - I think they were judging the person in question by their actions, clothes were just to check if it was you. SO was that you?

Seems your story flips around a bit which happens, you wrote it as soon as you got home and were clearly upset by the actions of the two guys people miss details and not always easy to convey everything in writing as it happened when you got CSI-CEO all over your story.

However, the fact that someone has said they also saw someone and gave a clear description. Was it you?

you can take a karma off me if you like as well so long as you answer the question properly and not like a politician.
No the person described was not me as I already said. I have a different appearance as well. I saw quite a few Western men there when I was there anyway.
Last edited by shnoukieBRO on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:48 pm
shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm :color What is this? Battle of the Iron Mall??.

The photo subjects actually made an effort to pose for a photo which was made on a crappy phone camera........Read the freaking posts correctly.....

:snorting: :voilent1: :sign17: :tard:
Come on, show us the photo.
I tried with recovery program it didn't work. The only thing going that does work is a rooted deep scan that needs to be done using a pc with decent recovery programme and a lead.

I had also tried recovering deleted images of historical buildings in Peru with lititle luck previously so I'm not new to trying this. In short it's both risky due to rooting the phone, and dependant on a decent $$ recovery programme that no one appears to have.

Besides I have absolutely no need to show you such a photo. Why? Many posters for illustrations purposes take photos of kids, but you haven't criticized them, yet ur on my case for taking a photo of 2 mature girls??😕 Under these conditions do you expect me to pander to your rather rude and inconsiderate persona??

Grow up please!
Jenny Tailwarts
Tourist
Qatar

Post by Jenny Tailwarts »

So if the guy wasn't you I apologize.

The point is, I saw the guy, he looked creepy but I (probably wrongly) assumed the decent camera meant he was either employed by the mall to take some "family" shots or a semi pro looking to test the camera (albeit in a really creepy way). After mentioning it to the wife I shrugged it off until I started reading your thread - created just a few hours after I saw him.

Had I seen you clicking away at young girls on your busted-ass phone camera I would have probably been more likely to ask what the fuck you thought you were doing as well, or at the very least report you to security.

Your issue seems less about being told to stop taking photos and more about the fact the guys who told you to stop were black.

The reference to their possible drug use is as weak as your argument..... and your chin.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Jenny Tailwarts wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:42 pm So if the guy wasn't you I apologize.

The point is, I saw the guy, he looked creepy but I (probably wrongly) assumed the decent camera meant he was either employed by the mall to take some "family" shots or a semi pro looking to test the camera (albeit in a really creepy way). After mentioning it to the wife I shrugged it off until I started reading your thread - created just a few hours after I saw him.

Had I seen you clicking away at young girls on your busted-ass phone camera I would have probably been more likely to ask what the fuck you thought you were doing as well, or at the very least report you to security.

Your issue seems less about being told to stop taking photos and more about the fact the guys who told you to stop were black.

The reference to their possible drug use is as weak as your argument..... and your chin.
Actually it wasn't because they were black rather because of the OTT irate agressive mood they portrayed. Stinking of booze and white marks in their nose didn't help either!

YES YES YES....It was actually ME who insisted they deal with Security about their issues with me after they refused to bugger off. I told them I wasn't wasting my time dealing with them, rather security; who also found them crazily agressive. Seriously you were not there. A casual photo of 2 girls giving thumbs up amongst many mall photos is not indecent or creepy whatsoever. If you find that creepy then that is odd.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

This thread has got so entertaining I think I will go to Aeon 2 tomorrow and see if there is still some evidence left behind there, like 18 year old girls and aggressive black guys.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

:lol1: I have also found this thread and it's ridiculous trolls entertaining. :tophat:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:51 pm :lol1: I have also found this thread and it's ridiculous trolls entertaining. :tophat:
Asking to see the photo is NOT trolling.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

These latest revelations are clearly a case of mistaken identity, It’s a fact of life in Asia that shiney new air conditioned shopping malls are always full of loads of creepy looking old expats, they can ogle the best quality local talent under the guise of a conversation with their creepy mate nursing a complimentary iced water for a couple of hours hogging the best seats at a coffee outlet. The win win is they also sweat a bit less than normal, but in Pattaya I still always wipe the seat at these outlets before I sit down and lay my camera on the table.

( Had to edit as I automatically typed “ creepy looking old white expats “ ) :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic