Visiting Prey Sar Prison

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Visiting Prey Sar Prison

Post by Captain Bonez »

I need to go and check on someone who's possibly in jail (not Wayne Brewer) and go give him a toothbrush and $20.

Anyone here been very recently and know what to do? I remember reading probably over 5 years ago that mentioned some form of ID is required and having to pay to get in the place and for face to face visitation as well. Any info is appreciated as I'll try and go tomorrow :thumb:
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
ned kelly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Visiting Prey Sor Prison

Post by ned kelly »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:30 am I need to go and check on someone who's possibly in jail (not Wayne Brewer) and go give him a toothbrush and $20.

Anyone here been very recently and know what to do? I remember reading probably over 5 years ago that mentioned some form of ID is required and having to pay to get in the place and for face to face visitation as well. Any info is appreciated as I'll try and go tomorrow :thumb:
Copy of your passport and visa page,from memory 5000 reil to the guys who sign you in,and 2000 reil at the gate.They will search you when inside,and ask for money,ignore these guys.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Ta muchly
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

No visits allowed on weekends or holidays which is shit because i work all the other days Image

Cost me $8 in a rickshaw (off the meter) BTW :thumb:

This.
tonetone420
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tonetone420 »

This was at the new Preah Sihanouk provincial prison, but I didn't need any ID whatsoever I had to sign a sheet and then 5000 riel. Didn't have to pay for face to face time though.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:30 am I need to go and check on someone who's possibly in jail (not Wayne Brewer) and go give him a toothbrush and $20.

Here in the boonies for Cambodians a permit from the village chief is needed. Not sure it applies to foreigners or Prey Sar though.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Is it prey sor or prey sar? I thought i'd read before that it's called 'White Forest' which would mean prey - forest & sor - white

This.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:50 pm Is it prey sor or prey sar? I thought i'd read before that it's called 'White Forest' which would mean prey - forest & sor - white
Yes you are right. Usually white is pronounced sor, but written sar.

Even Sar Kheng's name is White.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:10 pmUsually white is pronounced sor, but written sar
Perfectly logical :thumb:

This.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Visiting Prey Sar Prison

Post by Stiliko »

Captain Bonez wrote:Is it prey sor or prey sar? I thought i'd read before that it's called 'White Forest' which would mean prey - forest & sor - white
What’s the “white forest” connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic