ATM Fees & Obtaining a Local Bank Account

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
jimsocks
Expatriate

Re: ATM Fees & Obtaining a Local Bank Account

Post by jimsocks »

double post.
Last edited by jimsocks on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimsocks
Expatriate

Post by jimsocks »

canadia charges me $5, maximum 500 dollar withdrawal a day. i think acledia is 4 something with $250 dollar withdrawal. just check your local bank, in usa charles swhab does free international atm fees, they reimburse you at the end of the month. check in your country if there is a bank like that
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

Arget wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:42 pm Not fucking rocket science..................

I have an ABA account and another linked to a card from home. Plan a simple backup.

FFS

Exactly! Hence my question regarding ATM fees.

So does anybody know any ATM there with zero fees for foreign cards or is that just a distant memory now???
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

jimsocks wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:49 pm canadia charges me $5, maximum 500 dollar withdrawal a day. i think acledia is 4 something with $250 dollar withdrawal. just check your local bank, in usa charles swhab does free international atm fees, they reimburse you at the end of the month. check in your country if there is a bank like that
I have two credit cards with zero withdrawal fees abroad and one bank account which is obviously better due to zero interest charges as long as your not overdrawn. It’s the local fees which I can’t seem to dodge.

Was talking to an American guy who lives in PP and he reckons his American bank account refunds him all local ATM fees incurred.
Nothing like that at the moment here in Blighty!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Withdrawal from a Cambodian bank cost me $5 to %6 each time I use a foreign bank card.
No fee for using My ABA at ABA ATM.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

i found a bank which allows withdrawel of 1000$ with only a 4$ fee ( cheapest i found — orhers used to be 5$ for a thousand dollars but since they lowered the limit down to 500 now i use this other ONLY $4 for $1000 USD / then i go deposit to my ABA account in the middle of the night with the cash in machine option ) . i do this 3 times a month . cash in at ABA also good way to get rid of real money that others wont take like old or damaged bills .

has anyone tried using their ABA union pay card to withdraw from a union pay ATM 🏧 which is NOT ABA bank ? i know other banks accept it and ABA’s are all over the place but im curious if you you use the ‘ union pay ‘ card at another bank how much of a fee would be incurred ..
P.S. you can see many related subjects under — down there ... no arrows pointing down 👇
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:45 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:32 pm If you lose your card, use the app to issue a virtual card which enables you to withdraw money from an ABA ATM....BOOOOM!

Or, just go into the bank on Sat morning, ABA are open till midday on Saturdays.

Or, just don't lose your card ;)

But, if you're really that worried about losing your card, open an account with another local bank with some backup funds for the weekend, just in case.
my ABA is linked to an old number, so i cant verify it on my latest phone/number, is there a way around this? like going into the bank and asking them to change my number on my file and to re set up my app? have i answered my own question?
Haha, yes you did answer your own question.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 am i found a bank which allows withdrawel of 1000$ with only a 4$ fee
What bank?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

cautious colin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:40 am
pissontheroof wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:50 am i found a bank which allows withdrawel of 1000$ with only a 4$ fee
What bank?
union commercial ( UCB )
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Nobby Stiles
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Nobby Stiles »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:46 am
cautious colin wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:40 am
What bank?
union commercial ( UCB )
Thats some good info cheers! Where can this ATM machine be found in the city and does it really allow you to withdraw $1000 in one pull?

Regards

Mr N Stiles.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic