house rent in 2008

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

house rent in 2008

Post by kocdim » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Does anybody knows what happen to the house rent/sales in Cambodia during the USA stock market crash in 2008? Some info on Thailand and China would be nice also. Was there huge drop in the rental/ sale prices? And what percentage?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Yemen

Re: house rent in 2008

Post by John Bingham » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:10 pm

There was no effect on rental/house prices as most transactions were in cash in those days. A few foreign financed projects closed down, I think Gold Tower 42 was one, but that was more to do with the company behind it being involved in fraud than the crash.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: house rent in 2008

Post by Duncan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:27 pm

kocdim wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:36 pm
Does anybody knows what happen to the house rent/sales in Cambodia during the USA stock market crash in 2008? Some info on Thailand and China would be nice also. Was there huge drop in the rental/ sale prices? And what percentage?

I have a couple of books from r/estate companies listing properties for sale and rent in 2006.

I tried to post a couple of pages of each but imgur would not load them so I gave up . Sorry,
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic