Been here a week. What an overpriced shithole.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Been here a week. What an overpriced shithole.

Post by Barang chgout »

Duncan wrote:Looks like a good black market smuggling business opportunity for someone.
I know someone who used to do just that but with only 2 free land crossings a year now...he stopped.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Duncan wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:51 am Looks like a good black market smuggling business opportunity for someone.
Already in place. Even in Vietnam where hordes of motorbikes cross from Cambodia every night with smokes.
MikeMike58
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeMike58 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:54 am
MikeMike58 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:59 am Back in December, while in Siem Reap, I picked up a pack of ciggies from a little shop for 50 cents. It was like being transported back to the seventies.
FYI: i dont smoke, but yesterday looked at the price of cigs in 7/11 "Marlboro's " 165 baht!!!! ( $5.15)
Wow. I spent a month in Pattaya after I left KoW this last trip and saw that vast difference in price. Fortunately, I'm a pretty sorry excuse for a smoker. Just needed them to calm my nerves after dealing with those exorbitant prices in PP. Oh yeah, and the strain of dealing with throngs of geriatric crackhead ladyboys I rented. Helps get the taste of those $10.00 Burger King Double Cheeseburgers we 'Mericans have to consume to keep our soy levels up.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Not sure if it's overpriced, but it's definitely not worth my time.

Gonna be even worse in a couple of months.

Anyway, cost of living is just one factor when choosing a place.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

congrats to the OP on this thread
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Its out fault in the end, too many barangs came and jacked the prices up....
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm Its out fault in the end, too many barangs came and jacked the prices up....
Yupp, especially guys like you spending big bucks on pineapples.....
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

hanno wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:31 am
Beerinthemorning wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:37 pm Its out fault in the end, too many barangs came and jacked the prices up....
Really? Is it the pineapple guy from TOF? I wasn’t aware of that, wasn’t his username FCC or something? Can’t recall...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 am
Really? Is it the pineapple guy from TOF? I wasn’t aware of that, wasn’t his username FCC or something? Can’t recall...
He has gone by plenty of handles......
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

hanno wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:22 am
Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 am
He has gone by plenty of handles......
Something doesn’t make much sense, complaining about the price of pineapples in the KOW, where the beer is cheap, yet drinking rather expensive ‘beer in the morning’ in Thailand, where it’s (my guess) about 300% more expensive to drink a pint. Have you won the lottery recently @FCC ?

Edit: My wrong, I’ve confused KOW with LOS.
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic