Aeon Mall 2

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Aeon Mall 2

Post by franzjaeger »

Went to check it out today, really spacious inside, well designed, bit far away from downtown, but overall it was definitely something new to see for this town. Traffic was congested on the way there today, so bit of a drag unless you live around Toul Kork already.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

franzjaeger wrote:Went to check it out today, really spacious inside, well designed, bit far away from downtown, but overall it was definitely something new to see for this town. Traffic was congested on the way there today, so bit of a drag unless you live around Toul Kork already.
It’s a hell of a trip out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I went there last week. Very impressive, but can't fathom why they decided to build it so far out of town? Cheaper land I'm guessing.

The Macro store just down the road from it is also worth checking out for bulk-buy groceries and bits and bobs.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

xandreu wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:57 am I went there last week. Very impressive, but can't fathom why they decided to build it so far out of town? Cheaper land I'm guessing.

The Macro store just down the road from it is also worth checking out for bulk-buy groceries and bits and bobs.

Firstly , there would be no land that size available in the inner city of PP.
Next, you will find the inner city of PP is over crowded and people, especially the up and coming generation are moving away from the inner city to the outer lying areas where housing and rent is cheaper' If you wait another ten years even you will be saying ,,,, I should have bought something out there when the prices were cheap.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
DrDisFunkShunAll
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrDisFunkShunAll »

Makro there, too. If you look at a map, and trends ...

It's another wave of the boom, and it's not only shophouses anymore ...

Housing is cheaper, though away from English in general, I'd say. It's mostly geared towards families and Asians.

There is a demand, but only the well-funded Japanese could see a 20-year return on an early stake in a capital city.

Engineering, safety, etc., good. Interesting? Blah ...

Ok, some nice restos, a kid's area upstairs (think, small, organized indoor carnival), and a Kinokuniya bookstore (English!).

Theatres are VERY nice, supposedly IMAX, "4D," and later a (probably small but adequate) aquarium?
Yes, the Doctor is IN — Doctor DisFunkShunAll!

:fool: :good: =@ :P
therdpongl
Tourist
Thailand

Post by therdpongl »

DrDisFunkShunAll wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:32 pm Makro there, too. If you look at a map, and trends ...

It's another wave of the boom, and it's not only shophouses anymore ...

Housing is cheaper, though away from English in general, I'd say. It's mostly geared towards families and Asians.

There is a demand, but only the well-funded Japanese could see a 20-year return on an early stake in a capital city.

Engineering, safety, etc., good. Interesting? Blah ...

Ok, some nice restos, a kid's area upstairs (think, small, organized indoor carnival), and a Kinokuniya bookstore (English!).

Theatres are VERY nice, supposedly IMAX, "4D," and later a (probably small but adequate) aquarium?
Hi Dr DisFunkShunAll. I'm interested in information of Cash & Carry Business in Cambodia but I don't live there. Can you advise how many Cash & Carry Player in Cambodia Market now? Are Walmart, Metro Wholesale, Carrefour and Makro popular there? Thank you for your advice.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

DrDisFunkShunAll wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Effing noisy to sit in the restaurants anywhere near the gaming machines. I found the best place to eat was in the Aeon store on the ground floor.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

I'm confused by all the people saying how far out of town they think it is. I live close to Aeon 2 and during non-rush hour it takes about 15 mins to get to central market. What am I missing?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Bubble T wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:20 pm I'm confused by all the people saying how far out of town they think it is. I live close to Aeon 2 and during non-rush hour it takes about 15 mins to get to central market. What am I missing?
Barang Street (47).
Kampoochie
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampoochie »

Kayve wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 pm It's been already said but did Cambodia really need another shopping mall ?
The Chinese on Diamond Island and taking over the whole country would definitely like 5-10 more.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic