Long Term Visa Questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Long Term Visa Questions

Post by Barang chgout »

AndyKK wrote:There seems to be development now with the
EG EOS there now are reports of people obtaining one for the second time.
That would be nice for some.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 pm There seems to be development now with the
Do those reports include whether or not they had to exit and reenter the country in order to obtain the second one?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Brody wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:27 am
AndyKK wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 pm There seems to be development now with the
Do those reports include whether or not they had to exit and reenter the country in order to obtain the second one?
Report of nly one person who was able to obtain a 2nd EG EOS without leaving the country...however the agent who managed to facilitate this is now informing clients that he can no longer obtain 2nd EG EOS in country, must exit, re-enter on a new E-type Visa, then apply for EG EOS.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:53 am
Report of nly one person who was able to obtain a 2nd EG EOS without leaving the country...however the agent who managed to facilitate this is now informing clients that he can no longer obtain 2nd EG EOS in country, must exit, re-enter on a new E-type Visa, then apply for EG EOS.
so repeat until they close this loophole, no wp, no paying of back tax for not paying before.etc etc.
the digital nomads visa :thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SEAdude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SEAdude »

So I have booked a cheap flight to KL at the end of the month...thinking that I will return and start the 30 day original visa and then extend to a six month again. But this post has me wondering if I should try to go to an agent to see if I can get a 2nd EG EOS. This could mess everything up for me if the agent sent my passport to immigrations for processing then 2 weeks later get it returned back possibly denied. The agent told me back in March that I would have to leave Cambodia when this was visa expired. Anyway, thanks for all the info, this is helpful ;)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 pm
so repeat until they close this loophole, no wp, no paying of back tax for not paying before.etc etc.
Yes apparently leave the country, return and repeat.
E.G. EOS available to enable the holder to look for employment. It's going to fit the purposes for what may not be suitable or obtainable anymore.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

I can not go into too much detail about my situation, but if you have problems with your visa, contact vknk travel, they are great and can help you with every visa problem you might have. They certainly made me sleep better at night.
Oh disclaimer: I don't work for them, this is just a personal recommendation.
just noise, white noise
Catoni
Tourist
Canada

Post by Catoni »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 pm
I've heard there rumours that there may be changes made to ER Retirement Visas beginning in 2019.
The Cambodian government might make income minimums to at least $500.... or maybe $1000 a month or more... or raising age requirement to 60 or 65, or both, or other things. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? I was in Cambodia for two months back in 2017.....
I'm landing in Phnom Penh at the end of March, 2019.... I'll get the ordinary "business" visa for $35... but then will want to get the ER Retirement Visa.....
I'm 67.... and have a pension of about $2000 a month.. Wondering if the rules will have changed before I arrive? I've heard about "supporting letters" for visas.... What is, or how do I get.... a "supporting letter" ? ?
Thank you everyone for your information...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

IF,and thats a BIG if, ( where did u hear it?) sounds like there following thailand, (although in Thailand its set at 50 years old, 800,000 in the bank)
cant imagine how many on ER extensions wont have enough pension to stay
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Catoni
Tourist
Canada

Post by Catoni »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:54 pm IF,and thats a BIG if, ( where did u hear it?) sounds like there following thailand, (although in Thailand its set at 50 years old, 800,000 in the bank)
cant imagine how many on ER extensions wont have enough pension to stay
I heard it from another website... can't remember which one. So as far as I'm considered... it's only a maybe... or maybe not. I don't know for sure. That's what I'm trying to find out. But yes... maybe they're taking a lesson from Thailand... We'll see..
Right now... it's only a rumour...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic