Long Term Visa Questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Long Term Visa Questions

Post by dron »

"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
GTC7
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GTC7 »

I've been through this thread 3 times, and just want to clarify somethings.

1. EG Visa can be had on arrival, first for 30 days, and then a 3 (or is it 6?) month extension? No docs needed, just passport with 6 months validity.

2. Tourist visa is not an EG visa, and can NOT be extended in the same way.

3. To get an EB Visa, you need a letter of employment when applying? Then you need a work permit? (I didn't understand this fully)

4. What is an EOS, and was does MEEV EB EOS stand for?
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:00 pm Some people have managed to successfully obtain their WP whilst on an EG, others have been denied to due to not having a MEEV EB EOS.

Sorry, long term expat here, but my papers and permits were always taken care of for me before so I'm lost at the moment.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

GTC7 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 am I've been through this thread 3 times, and just want to clarify somethings.

1. EG Visa can be had on arrival, first for 30 days, and then a 3 (or is it 6?) month extension? No docs needed, just passport with 6 months validity.

3. To get an EB Visa, you need a letter of employment when applying? Then you need a work permit? (I didn't understand this fully)

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:00 pm Some people have managed to successfully obtain their WP whilst on an EG, others have been denied to due to not having a MEEV EB EOS.

Sorry, long term expat here, but my papers and permits were always taken care of for me before so I'm lost at the moment.
Try this
http://www.movetocambodia.com/planning- ... dia-visas/
GTC7
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GTC7 »

Thanks, reading it right now.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

GTC7 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 am I've been through this thread 3 times, and just want to clarify somethings.

1. No...You need to obtain the E-type (Ordinary) Visa on arrival, valid for 1 month...with this visa you can then apply for the EG (General) EOS (Extension of Stay). 1,3,6 month EG EOS options are available, only the 6 mth EG EOS is multi-entry.

2. Correct. The T-type (Tourist) visa can only be extended once, for a further 1 month giving a total stay of 2 months.

3. To apply for a 6 or 12 month EB EOS you need to provide either a) official letter of employment, or b) business license and tax patent if you're a business owner. You then will need to apply for a WP.

4. EOS = Extension of Stay
MEEV = Multi-entry/exit Visa (any 6 or 12 mth visa EOS).
EB = Business Extension of Stay of the E-type Visa
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:05 pm MEEV = Multi-entry/exit Visa (any 6 or 12 mth visa EOS).
Technically that would be a MEEEOS, no? :p
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
GTC7
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GTC7 »

Thank you PSD-Kiwi, much appreciated.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Been a long time since I've seen visa related questions here, anyone renewed very recently? Usually renew around the end of August (EB is till end of September) but just read on some visa related groups it can now take up to 2 months to get your passport back? Any truth to this? Need to fly out end of September/beginning of October so anyone here with a recent experience, please let me know how it went. Thank you.
just noise, white noise
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

There seems to be development now with the
EG EOS there now are reports of people obtaining one for the second time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic