Long Term Visa Questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Long Term Visa Questions

Post by fax »

Cambodia has some of the easiest visa rules in the world and people brag about cheating it. How honorable it is to be pictured and shamed for all to see. Look at the fool who was too smart to pay 75 cents per day. Did you hear about that guy? Persona non grata to a shithole! What a fucking loser. Haha!
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

fax wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 am Cambodia has some of the easiest visa rules in the world and people brag about cheating it. How honorable it is to be pictured and shamed for all to see. Look at the fool who was too smart to pay 75 cents per day. Did you hear about that guy? Persona non grata to a shithole! What a fucking loser. Haha!

People here are going to explain you that it's not true, it's not easy at all ! haahahahaha...
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:37 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 pm
cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 am
StroppyChops wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm Is it ever hard knowing that if you weren't posting here, you wouldn't be missed?
I do not understand what you mean, I just hope that you do not feel too sad that some people see thank more clearly than you ?
Oh, I never feel sad when others see thank more clearly than I.

I am also very happy to meet people who see more clearly than I do, then I can learn from them, but the problem is that it hardly happen with expats in Asia and people in forums. Even why my eyes are full of smoke...
And your posts here are full of shit............. =@
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Arget wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:09 pm
cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:37 pm
StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 pm
cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 am
StroppyChops wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm Is it ever hard knowing that if you weren't posting here, you wouldn't be missed?
I do not understand what you mean, I just hope that you do not feel too sad that some people see thank more clearly than you ?
Oh, I never feel sad when others see thank more clearly than I.

I am also very happy to meet people who see more clearly than I do, then I can learn from them, but the problem is that it hardly happen with expats in Asia and people in forums. Even why my eyes are full of smoke...
And your posts here are full of shit............. =@

Perfect example of idiot expats that you meet everywhere in Asia I guess...
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:54 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:27 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:45 am
how can somebody be caught when overstaying in Cambodia, if not looking for problems ?
you are registered with the police every night you stay and need to show your PP in every new place.
duh
Unless u stay with family or friends :beer3:
The immigration office rode his moto one and a half hours and the same back again, once he was told by someone I was living in a village. He copied my passport and visa
staying, not living, when i stay with gf family in kep, i have never been bothered but its always 2 weeks or less
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

I have lived in Cambodia for many years on a regular visa which I renew at a motorcycle shop. The police have never visited my home. They would have to get through two levels of security and a key card lock to even enter my building. Guess no one gave them access, or they figure anyone who can afford to live here is above board or smart enough not to pay bribes.

Then again I have also not been ripped off by a bargirl or Filipino card player, I have never paid a bribe to a Cambodian cop, and I have not been overcharged on pineapples, so I am apparently an outlier in the expat community.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

dron wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:03 pm I have lived in Cambodia for many years on a regular visa which I renew at a motorcycle shop. The police have never visited my home. They would have to get through two levels of security and a key card lock to even enter my building. Guess no one gave them access, or they figure anyone who can afford to live here is above board or smart enough not to pay bribes.

Then again I have also not been ripped off by a bargirl or Filipino card player, I have never paid a bribe to a Cambodian cop, and I have not been overcharged on pineapples, so I am apparently an outlier in the expat community.

Finally someone who can tell the truth ! Thank you !
dron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dron »

To be fair, I have heard that the police visit washed up white guys who live in hovels quite frequently, as well as white people in Africa-level desperation that actually get jobs and work for the poverty wages here. They seem to mostly leave white guys with money in nice apartments and African guys alone though for whatever reason.
Last edited by dron on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The revolution did more than legally create the United States; it transformed American society... Far from remaining monarchical, hierarchy-ridden subjects on the margin of civilization, Americans had become, almost overnight, the most liberal, the most democratic, the most commercial minded, and the most modern people in the world." - Gordon S. Wood
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Silence, exile, and cunning.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:11 pm Image
Preach.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic