Long Term Visa Questions

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Long Term Visa Questions

Post by cannabistourist »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:12 am there is a requirement for gh etc to register foreign guests though as bkk hooker mentions no database
i had a friend staying for a few weeks and the local cops turned up to see his PP.

I stayed weeks at different places and hotels, never had any check, so I guess that it could help some people (even long term residents maybe...) that the only rule in Cambodia is that there is not official rule...
Funny that some people could think that some rules are strict in Cambodia when they are not even in Thailand which is 20 years ahead in the process of being fuxxin troublesome assholes (but still I cheated them and keep cheating them...).
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

cannabistourist wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:54 pm
bangkokhooker wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:01 pm never been checked at my house in five years

also u dont register with the police when u check into a hotel at all
they take a copy of your passport and IF the police come in they will show them

there is not a central repository for foreign visitors or polices job to travel around to every hotel every day to get copies of passports!

lol

I agree with you ! And it sometimes seems that people living long term in Cambodia think that there are strict rules that MUST be followed, when it is actually so easy to cheat everything and everybody.
Sometimes it seems that people who have been here for all of two minutes are suddenly experts on stuff they didn't even know existed a few posts back. Let us know how you get on with cheating everyone, after you have actually done so. :roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 am
bangkokhooker wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:01 pm never been checked at my house in five years

there is not a central repository for foreign visitors or polices job to travel around to every hotel every day to get copies of passports!

lol

I agree with you ! And it sometimes seems that people living long term in Cambodia think that there are strict rules that MUST be followed, when it is actually so easy to cheat everything and everybody.
Sometimes it seems that people who have been here for all of two minutes are suddenly experts on stuff they didn't even know existed a few posts back. Let us know how you get on with cheating everyone, after you have actually done so. :roll:

Let's start by talking about work permit and tax ? I made money in many countries without ever having any right to do it and without paying any tax, and I am sure that it won't change in Cambodia. But I understand that people who have been legal all their life and gave a lot of money to stupid government do not really like the idea that some smarter ass didn't pay anything <3
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:57 am

lol

Let's start by talking about work permit and tax ? I made money in many countries without ever having any right to do it and without paying any tax, and I am sure that it won't change in Cambodia. But I understand that people who have been legal all their life and gave a lot of money to stupid government do not really like the idea that some smarter ass didn't pay anything <3
:please: :facepalm:
what a stupid thing to say>>>> Are u really proud, you can game the system??
Ever consider that tax's pay for roads, infrastructure, hospitals, schools etc etc
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:20 pm
cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:57 am

lol

:please: :facepalm:
what a stupid thing to say>>>> Are u really proud, you can game the system??
Ever consider that tax's pay for roads, infrastructure, hospitals, schools etc etc

Not proud to cheat, just explaining that the guy who will explain me what I can do in Cambodia or anywhere else is not yet born.
And sorry but in Asia I see the money going more in retarded people pockets (people wearing uniforms mostly), than to schools and hospitals...
I have another way to help and it is buy buying stuff for schools and kids, but of course only in countries where governments officials are such pieces of $hit that they keep all for them and forget the one who need it.

I didn't not pay any weapons of any country, and this, I am very proud about it, YES !
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

cannabistourist wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:43 pm I am sorry but I feel so weird that some people even think about strategy to stay in Cambodia when it's so easy to stay here without thinking. Even working without work permit or tourist visa. So just relax, it's not USA or shit EU !
In case it's not clear, for newbies to Cambodia, I'd like to point out that this "opinion" was given by a poster that most members here consider to be a total time-waster. Not even sure that he's ever been to Cambodia.
When you check into a hotel or guesthouse,( unless you are a regular), they will take a photocopy of your passport, and they will put your name and details on a form which goes to the immigration police. Eventually all this will be computerized.

Mostly, you need to have all the right documents so that you can live above board and legally, otherwise you end up living under the radar, on the run from the authorities, cannot work, cannot rent a place to live, cannot leave the country. It might sound like a fun and daring life-style to some, but the fact is that there is always a CRUNCH day ahead. One day it will all catch up with you.
Mostly, don't listen to idiots on the internet.

:plus1: :dragonchase: What ?
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:25 pm
cannabistourist wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:43 pm I am sorry but I feel so weird that some people even think about strategy to stay in Cambodia when it's so easy to stay here without thinking. Even working without work permit or tourist visa. So just relax, it's not USA or shit EU !
In case it's not clear, for newbies to Cambodia, I'd like to point out that this "opinion" was given by a poster that most members here consider to be a total time-waster. Not even sure that he's ever been to Cambodia.
When you check into a hotel or guesthouse,( unless you are a regular), they will take a photocopy of your passport, and they will put your name and details on a form which goes to the immigration police. Eventually all this will be computerized.

Mostly, you need to have all the right documents so that you can live above board and legally, otherwise you end up living under the radar, on the run from the authorities, cannot work, cannot rent a place to live, cannot leave the country. It might sound like a fun and daring life-style to some, but the fact is that there is always a CRUNCH day ahead. One day it will all catch up with you.
Mostly, don't listen to idiots on the internet.

:plus1: :dragonchase: What ?

This is why I didn't read your post :-)
But I guess that it is VERY funny.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 am
StroppyChops wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm Is it ever hard knowing that if you weren't posting here, you wouldn't be missed?
I do not understand what you mean, I just hope that you do not feel too sad that some people see thank more clearly than you ?
Oh, I never feel sad when others see thank more clearly than I.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

StroppyChops wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:25 pm
cannabistourist wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 am
StroppyChops wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm Is it ever hard knowing that if you weren't posting here, you wouldn't be missed?
I do not understand what you mean, I just hope that you do not feel too sad that some people see thank more clearly than you ?
Oh, I never feel sad when others see thank more clearly than I.

I am also very happy to meet people who see more clearly than I do, then I can learn from them, but the problem is that it hardly happen with expats in Asia and people in forums. Even why my eyes are full of smoke...
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:27 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:45 am
how can somebody be caught when overstaying in Cambodia, if not looking for problems ?
you are registered with the police every night you stay and need to show your PP in every new place.
duh
Unless u stay with family or friends :beer3:
The immigration office rode his moto one and a half hours and the same back again, once he was told by someone I was living in a village. He copied my passport and visa
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic