I found one Dollar

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

I found one Dollar

Post by Duncan »

True story
Had a few old one dollar notes in my wallet, so I crumpled one up and placed it in the palm of my hand so it could not be seen. I'm standing around watching a older lady dig dirt out of a trench and I point to the pile of dirt behind her and say Mouy Dollar. She's thinking '' stupid barang '' so I stand around a bit longer and when she is not looking I climb into the trench behind her . I plunge my hand into the pile of dirt , brushing up beside her leg so she looks down to see whats going on. All she see's is my hand coming out of the dirt with a fist full of dirt and a dollar note..I shake off the dirt and straighten out the dollar note, studying it
carefully with all surrounding eyes watching I hand it to her and walk away.

She will be talking to her friends for months, of how that eagle eyed barang can smell out a dollar note at ten paces.

Im getting pretty good at performing this magic trick as entertainment for the day but often if its a guy I will put the dollar note in my own pocket. But on a building site it can be quite entertaining if there are a few shy village girls involved.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: I found one Dollar

Post by rozzieoz »

That is hilarious, I love it.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 am That is hilarious, I love it.
if he was jerry jeff walker he could make a song out of that .. short song i guess , and needs a dog or a truck involved .
or gettin drunk .
i see your not using your iPhone with tapatalk today .. 🤭
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Reminds me of the poo dollar from years ago on TOF! :dm: That was great, haha!!!
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

next thing you know they will be salting the area with gold dust and saying there's gold here and selling 1 sq meter plots
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:15 pm next thing you know they will be salting the area with gold dust and saying there's gold here and selling 1 sq meter plots
Do NOT accept free blankets from anyone doing this.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That could be a good technique for getting your front yard dug up for free.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic