Australian ROSS DUNKLEY (Former Owner of Phnom Penh Post) Arrested in Drug Bust in Myanmar with Meth

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Australian ROSS DUNKLEY (Former Owner of Phnom Penh Post) Arrested in Drug Bust in Myanmar with Meth

Post by fax »

I wish they would stop being so lazy and take some new shots instead of recycling from 2011 news. I want to see what meth has done to Ross in 8 years.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Australian ROSS DUNKLEY (Former Owner of Phnom Penh Post) Arrested in Drug Bust in Myanmar with Meth

Post by Barang chgout »

fax wrote:I wish they would stop being so lazy and take some new shots instead of recycling from 2011 news. I want to see what meth has done to Ross in 8 years.
Cant be pretty. Bloke has always looked like a squashed pie.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

He slipped my radar, but it would take more than the circumstance of his assault conviction and the drug bust in Myanmar - and some hushed whispers on CEO, to stop me from supporting this bloke.
Unless anybody can come up with some hard facts about his supposed dirty deeds. ??

Some of the world's best literary genius, and arguably the best "real life" real-impact journalism in SEA has sprung from the pens of over-imbibers - of pot, booze, opium, heroin, red pills...
So that's certainly no disqualification from the Foreign Correspondents Club. (the real one, not the one on Sisowath)
And then there is his nouse and guts as a publisher in some very tough environments.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

“It was the jewel of the British empire when they built it [in 1887],” he said of the prison.
Pull the other one Ross; it's got bells on
tears_in_rain
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by tears_in_rain »

Looks politically motivated to me.

Nice to see the usual trolls, sticking the boot in.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

tears_in_rain wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:24 pm Looks politically motivated to me.
Or maybe he's just a druggie. He wouldn't be the first.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

This is an old thread from 2018 - seems the guy was released from Myanmar last year and is now back in Australia.
daiquiri wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:48 pm Stumbled across this
https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/peopl ... 57nzz.html
tears_in_rain
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by tears_in_rain »

Alex wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:20 pm
tears_in_rain wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:24 pm Looks politically motivated to me.
Classy.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

tears_in_rain wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:37 pm
Alex wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:20 pm
Classy.
I believe it's a bit of both.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic